The Stamps I Use

Thursday, March 7, 2013

March Viva la Verve - Week 1

Hi folks,

Well, I have today and tomorrow off work so I get a four day weekend! Yippee! I am actually taking the time off to hopefully get the prep work done for my inaugural fund-raising card making workshop for the Light the Night Walk.

If you are a regular reader, you know I have participated in this walk for couple of years now, since my Mom was diagnosed with Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma. The walk is a fund-raiser in support of the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society of Canada.

This year, my team is starting our fund-raising early in the year and I am hoping to be able to host a few card-making workshops with all the funds raised going to the campaign.

I'm going to try to keep the cards fairly clean and simple in style in order to maximize the number of cards the participants can make in the time we have for the workshop. Colouring will most likely be kept to a minimum.

I've asked my friends for their opinions on the types of cards they would like to make and they all seemed to be pretty unanimous - birthday cards for grown-ups and thank you cards. So, I figure I will do two variations of each card and the participants can choose to use a birthday greeting or thank you for their sentiment.


So, with that in mind, I decided that the first card I would prep for the workshop would use the Week 1 Sketch for the March Viva La Verve Challenges over on SplitCoastStampers.


Here are the four samples I made - two birthday cards and two thank you cards - two styles by mixing up the accent dies and patterned papers.






It is surprising how long it actually took me to make the four samples and prep the supplies for the workshop. I'm optimistic and limiting the kits to eight of each style of card. So, I prepped eight of the cards with the floral die and eight with the butterfly. I figure I can accommodate eight card makers comfortably in our front room (I have hosted workshops before at my house) and, even if I don't get eight sign-ups, I can offer the extra kits as take homes OR I can make and sell them myself to the non-crafty peeps OR they can go into my stash (yay for stash!).

Anyways, that's enough yammering from me for now. Here are the card details:


  • finished size: 5x5 inches, white card stock base. Style #1 also uses CTMH Desert Sand, Bamboo & Colonial White mats. Style #2 also uses CTMH Indian Corn Blue & Outdoor Denim mats.
  • patterned paper: CTMH Pemberley. Style #1 I distressed the edges of the papers. On the first card, I inked the edges, on the second I roughed them up with my scissors.
  • die cuts: Spellbinders Petite Circles, Style #1 also uses Verve's "Joyful Blooms" die. Style #2 also uses Verve's "Flutterby" die.
  • stamps: Style #1 uses Verve "Joyful Blooms", Style #2 uses Verve's "Chicks Rule" and "Amazing Wishes"
  • ink: CTMH Outdoor Denim, Indian Corn Blue
  • butcher's twine
challenges for these cards:

Thanks for stopping by! I hope to be back again over the next few days with more cards!

4 comments:

Mei said...

Love the CAS look~ Thanks for joining us this week at Love to Create!

Mei
LTC DT
Creative Card Crew DT

Yvonne Garner said...

Your cards are beautiful! Thanks for sharing with us at 365 Cards!

Kimberly Clark said...

love your cards - i am a CTMH fan as well :)
thanks for joining us at PIO - we have started a new challenge today - hope to see you back there - Kimberly DT

aaemie said...

Love your clean design. Thanks for joining us at One Crazy Stamper!