The Stamps I Use

Sunday, March 17, 2013

Mojo Monday 284

Hi folks!

Well, I finally made it back into the craft room today - I came down with a cold on Wednesday of last week and it has really socked me a good one. I was really disappointed by that as it meant that, with just over two weeks to go until end of fiscal, I took my first sick day of the year on Thursday. And I had been so proud of my "not a single sick day this year" status. I jinxed myself! I did go back in to work on Friday as I was feeling much better but that was a joke as I have been much more sick all weekend. I REALLY don't do sick very well, AT ALL!

Anyways, back to a couple of cards I managed to make today based on the Mojo Monday sketch for this week.

For the first one, I stuck with the original orientation of the layout and made an anniversary card for my Aunt and Uncle.


For the second one, I rotated the sketch



card details:

  • finished size: 4.25 x 5.5 inches, kraft card stock base. Kraft card stock mat and Bazzill Mud Pie for dark brown mats. I've been noticing a trend lately of doing a base mat ever so slightly smaller to match the card base and popping it up with dimensionals. I decided to try it out on these cards and quite like the effect.
  • patterned paper: My Mind's Eye "Market"
  • stamps: Verve "Love Story", "Doodled Occasions"
  • CTMH Sorbet brads and ricrac ribbon from my stash
  • flowers built from hydrangea petals in my stash
  • Spellbinders Petite Circles
Additional challenges for these cards:
As always, thanks for stopping by and I hope you have had a fabulous weekend!

5 comments:

Cheryl Walker said...

Super cute!! Thank you for joining us at Really Reasonable Ribbon's Flower and Ribbon Challenge this week!
Hugs,
Cheryl

Ellen said...

Love the colors and the simple lay-out that you used. Great card. Thank you for joining us at Sentimental Sundays. Hope to see you again next week.
Ellen

Sandy Sommerfeld said...

great cards! love the layouts and colors! Thanks for joining us at Sentimental Sundays!

Sandy S
SSDT

pollyspaper said...

Such a pretty card. Great use of the flowers and ribbon. Thanks for joining us at Really Reasonable Ribbon. Huggs.....Ginny from Polly's

Pam said...

Lovely Anniversary card. Nice color palette and really love the ric rac and stitching.

Thank you so very much for playing with us in this week’s Challenge at Stamptacular Sunday! So very happy that you could play along.
:) Pam