Well, I finally made it back into the craft room today - I came down with a cold on Wednesday of last week and it has really socked me a good one. I was really disappointed by that as it meant that, with just over two weeks to go until end of fiscal, I took my first sick day of the year on Thursday. And I had been so proud of my "not a single sick day this year" status. I jinxed myself! I did go back in to work on Friday as I was feeling much better but that was a joke as I have been much more sick all weekend. I REALLY don't do sick very well, AT ALL!
Anyways, back to a couple of cards I managed to make today based on the Mojo Monday sketch for this week.
For the first one, I stuck with the original orientation of the layout and made an anniversary card for my Aunt and Uncle.
For the second one, I rotated the sketch
- finished size: 4.25 x 5.5 inches, kraft card stock base. Kraft card stock mat and Bazzill Mud Pie for dark brown mats. I've been noticing a trend lately of doing a base mat ever so slightly smaller to match the card base and popping it up with dimensionals. I decided to try it out on these cards and quite like the effect.
- patterned paper: My Mind's Eye "Market"
- stamps: Verve "Love Story", "Doodled Occasions"
- CTMH Sorbet brads and ricrac ribbon from my stash
- flowers built from hydrangea petals in my stash
- Spellbinders Petite Circles
Additional challenges for these cards: