This week I get to play along as a guest over at Use it Tuesday for another fantastic challenge to help us all dig into our hoarded stash of crafting supplies. This week's challenge is to use dies, punches or cut-outs on our creations!
If you frequent my blog on a regular basis, you KNOW I love my die cuts and punches. Most of the cards I make use at least one or the other, sometimes both. And, more often than out, I also cut-out my images or use a pre-cut die image as an embellishment (I've been loving the wooden die cut embellishments which have been popular of late).
For this card, I went all out and actually used all three elements of the challenge.
I've used my Spellbinders Petite Circles Dies, the Pennant Trim Die from Verve Stamps, a corner rounder punch for the sentiment panel AND I stamped the little cupcake image on a couple of different pieces of patterned paper before cutting them out and layering them together.
I absolutely adore this paper pad from Studio Calico and have to confess to hoarding it in my stash until I can get back to my LLS and hopefully pick up another one (or two) of these paper pads. I think this may be only the second (or third) card I've made with these papers. Anyone else do that? Buy supplies and then not use them because they are so pretty? Yes, you say? Well, come on then and join in with this week's challenge over at Use it Tuesday! You'll be glad you did!
- finished size: 4.25 x 5.5 inches, kraft card stock base. CTMH Cocoa card stock for mats
- patterned paper: Studio Calico "Classic Calico"
- stamps: Verve "Big Wish", "With Love" (cupcake is stamped on two pieces of patterned paper, cut out, layered and popped up with foam dimensionals. Parts of the cupcake coloured with Copic markers E79 and E51)
- dies: Spellbinders Petite Circles, Verve Pennant Trim Die
- corner rounder punch
- butcher's twine which I coloured to match my Cocoa cardstock using my Copic E79 marker. Frugal Sheena tip: buy regular butcher's twine for your kitchen and colour it to coordinate with your projects with your markers!
- layout: Viva La Verve March Week 2
additional challenges for this card:
- One Crazy Stamper March Challenge: Anything Goes
- 365 Cards: Day 63: You take the cake (I just HAD to use this sweet little cupcake)
- Pile It On #10: Oh Yummy! (mmmm....cupcakes......)
- Stamptacular Sunday Challenge #206: To Die For
Thanks for stopping by!