The Stamps I Use

Sunday, April 14, 2013

SCRS 102 - Washi Tape Challenge

Hi folks,


So, I have a terrible confession to make. I was REALLY, REALLY late sending home my Easter cards this year. I think it was a combination of no mojo, the blahs, feeling overwhelmed and my birthday and Easter falling on the same day.

I finally got around to making the last of my Easter - well, Spring cards now....so off they went into the post today (express - ouch that was pricey) along with the little Easter/Spring prezzies for the nieces and nephew.

I REALLY wanted to use one of the boys from Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamps on the card for my nephew, so I checked out my stash of stamps to see what I could mod for Easter/Spring.






So, what do you think? Does it work? I thought about using Video Game Oliver but I'm saving that one to use for his birthday.

Normally, Backpack Oliver is holding an apple for back to school for the teacher, but I swapped out the apple for an Easter Egg instead. I think that the sentiment I used ties in very nicely, what with the back-pack on his back and all.

I also dug into my stash of crafting supplies for some washi tape that I could use so I could play along with this week's challenge over at the SCRS blog.




Believe it or not, I have very little in my stash when it comes to washi tape (anyone want to recommend a good source so I can remedy that terrible error?). But I thought this one would work well with the papers I chose (it was part of a crafty present from my dear friend Tanya - along with the crinkly ribbon).

card details:

additional challenges for this card:
Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

jessica said...

What a super adorable card/tag! LOVE the image and love the color combo!!
Thanks for sharing and linking this up over at The Kraft Journal!
Jessica
TKJ~DT

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a sweet card Sheena. Love the darling image and the coloring. The papers look great. Thank you for playing along with us at The Sweet Stop.

Kim said...

Your creation is beautiful! Thank you for joining us over at the Sister Act Card Challenge! Hugs Kim

Janice M said...

What a cute card! Thanks for playing along with us at The Sweet Stop this week!