well, you should be seeing more crafty posts from me over the next few weeks. I have decided I need a "mental health break" and am taking the next 3 weeks off work. Well, minus tomorrow since I have to switch off on-call duty tomorrow and turn over the pager. I have already started a to-do list of things I have been putting off and am hoping to tackle some of them during those three weeks. One of those to-dos is MORE CRAFTY TIME!
For now, here's a card I made for this weekend's 7th birthday of the eldest daughter of dear friends of ours. I was inspired by one of the crafty projects her Mom planned for the party attendees - their own potted fairy gardens - complete with toadstools!
- finished size: 6x6 inches, CTMH White Daisy card stock base
- patterned papers: Echo Park "Summer Days"
- digital image: Time for Tea Designs "Butterfly Fairy & Toadstool", coloured with Copic markers (E000, E00, E01, E93, E21, E23, E25, E27, YG01, YG05, YG06, YG0000, RV000, RV17, RV19, RV13, W00, W0, W1, C7). Since the butterfly didn't fit into my oval die cut of the image, I fussy cut it and added it to my sentiment panel....and drew in the extended butterfly trail with a marker.
- sentiment: Verve "Doodled Occasions"
- Spellbinders: Petite Ovals, Petite Circles
- EK Success Scalloped Scallops border punch
- layout: Seize the Birthday #12 (feminine version)
additional challenges for this card:
- One Stitch At A Time #158: Anything Goes
- One Stop Craft Challenge #223: Birthdays
- Crafty Creations Challenges #216: Flowers or Fairies
- Simon Says: Happy Birthday
- CCEE1314: Things with Wings
- Sister Act Card Challenge #1: Anything Goes
Thanks for stopping by!