The Stamps I Use

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Sweet Stop Sketch 204 and Whimsy Stamps

Hi folks,

Today, one of dearly beloved's nieces has a birthday - she turns a big 9 years old today. She plays ice hockey (just like her Dad when he was a kid and just like her older brother) so, when I saw this image by Kenny K for Whimsy Stamps, I knew I had to have it so I could make a card for her one day. I have had the stamp for months but this is the first time it was inked up and coloured.






card details
  • finished size: 5x5 inches, white card stock base, CTMH Honey mats/accents
  • patterned papers: CTMH Stardust (I think that's the name, it is retired now and is one of many paper packs in my paper hoard. I'm really trying to use up my 12x12 papers!)
  • stamped image: "Hockey Girl" by Kenny K for Whimsy Stamps, coloured with Copic Markers (E000, E00, E01, E04, E21, E23, E25, E27, C1, C3, C5, Y15, Y17, Y19, B21, B41, B37, YR24)
  • sentiment: Verve "Birthday Surprise"
  • white brads from my stash
  • layout: Sweet Stop Sketch #204
additional challenges for this card
Thanks ever so much for stopping by! I hope your week is going well!

10 comments:

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a super cute card Sheena. Love the image cut out and the fabulous coloring. The papers look great. Thank you for playing along with us at The Sweet Stop.

Livert said...

Love your card.
Thanks for joining us at Kenny K`s krafty krew Challenges this time.

Penny said...

Love your card! It sounds like it will be perfect for your niece. :^) Love the colors, papers, design, embellies, and fab image & coloring! Thank you for sharing this with us at TTCRD. Hope to see you again soon! :^)
Hugs, Penny

Nana said...

Very pretty. Thanks for joining us over at HIMCR.

Have a great day.
Hugs Nana
♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
♥ 2 Creavtive Chicks ♥
♥ HIMCR ♥DT

Suzilou said...

Fab papers and colours and the image looks brilliant.

Thank you for playing along with Kenny K this week :)

Cathymac said...

Very cute, Sheena! Love the way you used the sketch...just perfect for a 9 year old niece! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sweet Stop this week!

Faye said...

I really like how you've used our sketch. Such a cool and fun card. Love the colours too. Well done on being spotlighted and thanks for playing at The Sweet Stop. X

tengel27 said...

I love this color set. Your card is beautiful. Thanks for playing with us on Kenny K's Krafty Krew this week.

knitmachinequeen (KMQ) said...

You niece is going to love this card. Thanks for joining us this week at Kenny K's Krafty Krew Challenges for our "Being square" challenge. Good luck and please join us again next week.

RiNNE said...

Love your card!!! Those papers and colors are perfect!! I'm sure she'll absolutely love it!