phew it has been another couple of whirlwind weeks for me. Does anyone else out there wish for days that are about, oh, I don't know, 48 hours long instead of 24? I just never seem to have enough time to fit in everything. I'm HOPING that the request I put in for four weeks off from work starting June 24th gets approved. I'm REALLY feeling the need for an extended break.
Anyways, I finally said to heck with the household chores and garden tasks (my garden STILL hasn't been planted) and took some time to get back into my craft room this weekend.
My Mom's birthday is this coming Monday so I had to sit down to make her birthday card. I picked up this image from Kraftin' Kimmie AGES ago specifically with my Mom in mind as it reminds me of a few photos I have seen of her from her teen years. I have one of the guys in the set as well and that one you will see in an upcoming post for my Dad's Father's Day card - they kind of go together as a matched pair.
I think she is going to be a bit surprised when she opens this card. I usually go for flowers, sentiments or a sweet image for my Mom. This sexy, sultry vixen might make her go "what the?"
- finished size: 5.5 x 5.5 inches, black card stock base
- patterned paper: My Mind's Eye "Sunshine"
- stamped image: Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps "Joanie", coloured with Copic Markers (E000, E00, E01, E93, E04, E21, E23, E25, E27, W3, W5, W7, W9, YG11, YG13)
- sentiment: Verve "Doodled Occasions"
- Spellbinders: Petite Ovals, Floral Doily Motifs
- half-back pearls (on her hair accessory) from my stash
- layout: Sketch Saturday #262
additional challenges for this card:
- kraftin' kimmie #182: Paper Piecing: just a little for her shirt out of the same paper the sentiment is stamped on
- Love to Scrap #7: Rockin' Rubbah
- Through the Craft Room Door: Anything Goes
- Sister Act Card Challenge #10: Anything Goes
- Crafting When We Can #46: Mad about Markers
As always, thanks for stopping by for a visit! I promise there will be more cards for you to see this week if you pop back again!