The Stamps I Use

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Getting Krafty with Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps

Hi folks....

phew it has been another couple of whirlwind weeks for me. Does anyone else out there wish for days that are about, oh, I don't know, 48 hours long instead of 24? I just never seem to have enough time to fit in everything. I'm HOPING that the request I put in for four weeks off from work starting June 24th gets approved. I'm REALLY feeling the need for an extended break.

Anyways, I finally said to heck with the household chores and garden tasks (my garden STILL hasn't been planted) and took some time to get back into my craft room this weekend.

My Mom's birthday is this coming Monday so I had to sit down to make her birthday card. I picked up this image from Kraftin' Kimmie AGES ago specifically with my Mom in mind as it reminds me of a few photos I have seen of her from her teen years. I have one of the guys in the set as well and that one you will see in an upcoming post for my Dad's Father's Day card - they kind of go together as a matched pair.



I think she is going to be a bit surprised when she opens this card. I usually go for flowers, sentiments or a sweet image for my Mom. This sexy, sultry vixen might make her go "what the?"

card details:

  • finished size: 5.5 x 5.5 inches, black card stock base
  • patterned paper: My Mind's Eye "Sunshine"
  • stamped image: Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps "Joanie", coloured with Copic Markers (E000, E00, E01, E93, E04, E21, E23, E25, E27, W3, W5, W7, W9, YG11, YG13)
  • sentiment: Verve "Doodled Occasions" 
  • Spellbinders: Petite Ovals, Floral Doily Motifs
  • half-back pearls (on her hair accessory) from my stash
  • layout: Sketch Saturday #262
additional challenges for this card:

As always, thanks for stopping by for a visit! I promise there will be more cards for you to see this week if you pop back again!

11 comments:

Penny Odell said...

What a cute card! I love your color combo and way you colored your image. Thank you for joining the TTCRD challenge, and good luck.

FeistyCrafter said...

Cute card! I bet your mom will love this, being reminded of days gone by and women dressed to kill. Thanks for joining us at Love to Scrap! Challenge Blog-Tina

Happy Birthday to your mom!

Susan Kennedy said...

Fantastic card!! Awesome coloring!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Crafting When We Can!!! Good Luck! I hope I see you again for our next challenge :)

- Susan, DT @ Crafting When We Can
{Scrap A Thousand Words}
{Sentimental Susan}

Corysnana1 said...

Fun card. I like how your die cut flowers look like they came as a set with your bg paper. Hope your mom likes your more modern looking card. Thanks for posting it at the Sister Act Card Challenge this week.

Sheri said...

Super fun card Sheena!!Thank you so much for joining the Kraftin' Kimmie Challenge this week! :)

Jenny said...

Oooo- I love the sexy sultry look! your mom will love it! thanks for joining us this week at KKS :)

Melanie said...

Love how you coordinated the shirt with the sentiment...and that green eye shadow is so much fun! Thanks for playing along at Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps!

Sharon Caudle said...

I just adore her attitude!! Super cute card! Thanks so much for joining us at Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps!!
hugs
Sharon

Alex H. said...

What a nice card... I love these images from Kraftin' Kimmie, they're always funny :-). Thanks for joining us at Sketch Saturday!
;-) Alex H.

Cheryl Valadez said...

Supah cute! Thanks so much for joining this week's challenge at Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps. Hugz, Cheryl

RiNNE said...

Honey, I have about 8 days left of my staycation and my to-do list seems to be getting longer, so I totally know how you feel!!! I hope you are now getting some rest! This card is fab and totally goes with your card for your Dad! Happy Bday to your Mom! Hope she's doing well!