back today with the Father's Day card for my Dad that sort of goes with the card I made for my Mom for her birthday.
I had to have this stamp for two reasons.
First off, it reminds me of one of my favourite photos of my Dad from his younger years. He is very casually lounging at a kitchen table, beer in one hand, cigarette in the other, his sneaky grin on his face, dressed in a black leather jacket, white t-shirt and jeans. His hair is all slicked back and he has on his Buddy Holly glasses.
And second, the motorcycle. My dearly beloved's current motorcycle looks a lot like this one. Very retro, with a pretty pale cream tank. He will absolutely be getting a card using this stamp at some point in the future.
- finished size: 5.5 x 5.5 inches, black card stock base
- patterned paper: My Mind's Eye "Sunshine"
- stamped image: "Danny" from Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps, coloured with Copic Markers (W0, W1, W3, W5, W6, W7, W9, E000, E00, E01, B91, B93, B95, B97
- sentiments: Verve "Purely Sentimental", Hey Daddy-O came with the Danny image.
- metal screw-like brads from my stash (these have been in my crafty stash for a LONG time and usually make an appearance on at least one Father's Day card every year or so).
- Spellbinders Classic Squares
- layout: Card Crafter's Circle #78
additional challenges for this card:
- Crafts 4 Eternity Recipe #127: For the Boys
- Craft Your Passion #166: Father's Day/Masculine
- Cards for Men #12: Boys Will Be Boys
- Pile it On #23: For or From a Father
- Sentimental Sundays #158: Metal Findings
- Papertake Weekly Challenge: Hello Boys
- Clear it Out Challenge: Male Cards/Using Metal
- Tuesday Throwdown #151: "You're the man"
- Use it Tuesday #57: Masculine
As always, thanks for stopping by!