The Stamps I Use

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Hey Daddy-O!

Hi folks,

back today with the Father's Day card for my Dad that sort of goes with the card I made for my Mom for her birthday.



I had to have this stamp for two reasons.

First off, it reminds me of one of my favourite photos of my Dad from his younger years. He is very casually lounging at a kitchen table, beer in one hand, cigarette in  the other, his sneaky grin on his face, dressed in a black leather jacket, white t-shirt and jeans. His hair is all slicked back and he has on his Buddy Holly glasses.

And second, the motorcycle. My dearly beloved's current motorcycle looks a lot like this one. Very retro, with a pretty pale cream tank. He will absolutely be getting a card using this stamp at some point in the future.

card details:

  • finished size: 5.5 x 5.5 inches, black card stock base
  • patterned paper: My Mind's Eye "Sunshine"
  • stamped image: "Danny" from Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps, coloured with Copic Markers (W0, W1, W3, W5, W6, W7, W9, E000, E00, E01, B91, B93, B95, B97
  • sentiments: Verve "Purely Sentimental", Hey Daddy-O came with the Danny image.
  • metal screw-like brads from my stash (these have been in my crafty stash for a LONG time and usually make an appearance on at least one Father's Day card every year or so).
  • Spellbinders Classic Squares
  • layout: Card Crafter's Circle #78
additional challenges for this card:

13 comments:

Shirley-Anne Barber said...

Hi Sheena , this is so cool man .
LOL , that's hip talk isn't it?
Great take on sketch ..perfect masculine image for Fathers day card .
Thanks for sharing on Card Crafter's Circle

michele said...

Fantastic card! Thanks for joining us at Crafts 4 Eternity this week hugs x

~ginny said...

LOL! Love that image and the "Hey Daddy-O"! I really like the way you cut it out of the box - nice layout!! Welcome to Craft Your Passion's “Father's Day/ Masculine” Challenge and good luck!
~ginny
Design Team - Craft Your Passions
RubberMAD (http://ggetty.blogspot.com/)

Pauline said...

Hi Sheena... I love this! The colours are super retro, and it reminds me of my Dad in his youth... although he rode a black Triumph, and thought he was James Dean! Thanks for sharing with us at Card Crafter's Circle!

Sandy (Cheesy) said...

I love that you have a pix of your dad when he was "cool". And this card is perfect for him. Maybe he rode a motorcycle too?

PAC CHARITY CARDS said...

love this card its rocking love that image
thanks for joining us at Cards for Men

CAZ

Sharon ~ A Piece Of Heart said...

Fabulous masculine card and great use of the metal requirement. Thanks for joining us at the Clear It Out Challenge blog. Good luck!

Kelly L said...

Perfect masculine image and saying for a Father's Day card. LOVE it! Very cool daddy-ooooo!!

Vicky F. AKA Crafting Vicky said...

Love the layout, the DP and the great brads! He's one pretty cool dude!

Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown this week. Hope to see you again next week. DT Crafting Vicky

NanaConnie said...

Wonderful, Sheena! I'm really happy that you played along and want to say "thanks so much" for joining us in our "Masculine" theme challenge at Tuesday Throwdown this week.
NanaConnie DT

Anne said...

Fabulous! Thanks for joining us at Cards for Men and good luck! Hugs, Anne (DT)

RiNNE said...

Hee hee, love the story behind this card and its inspirations~! I absolutely adore it. STELLAR JOB!

Becky (Cards by Becky) said...

Gorgeous card! I love the nail brads!

Good luck in the Kraftin’ Kimmie Stamps Guest Spot Contest!

Don’t Forget…Kraftin’ Kimmie Stamps has a new challenge every Wednesday and Saturday, with awesome stamp giveaways and gift cards up for grabs! Join in the fun!

Becky (www.CardsByBecky.blogspot.com)