Well, I had the best of intentions to make a bunch of cards with this week's Mojo Monday sketch (as it was a special anniversary celebration of their 300th sketch) but, as usual, I procrastinated and just managed to squeeze in one card that I made today. okay, it might not have been procrastination so much as being really busy with my gardening...and then recovering from the gardening!
Anyways, my great Uncle has a birthday coming up in the middle of this month and I figured I should get his card made now so I can get it off into the post in plenty of time. Here's the card I made for him using Mojo Monday Sketch #300.
I REALLY like this layout and absolutely plan to make more cards with this sketch. Maybe even a set of cards for my long planned card workshop for my Light the Night fund-raising campaign.
- finished size: 4.25 x 5.5 inches, black card stock base (you can't really see in the photo but the front panel is actually another layer of black card stock, cut 1/8 inch smaller than the card base, then popped up on dimensional foam. I find it adds a nice touch to have that extra layer in the card.
- patterned paper: My Mind's Eye "Dilly Dally"
- stamps: Verve "Doodled Occasions" and another set for the "Uncle" for which I honestly do not know the manufacturer.
- layout: Mojo Monday 300
- Spellbinders dies: Petite Circles, Classic Squares
- CTMH Black Waxy Flax, CTMH Lagoon button from my stash
additional challenges for this card:
- Catch the Bug: July Anything Goes
- One Stop Craft Challenge #233: Anything Goes
- Gem of a Challenge #87: Lots of Layers
- Crazy 4 Challenges #193: Let's get wordy
- Sister Act Card Challenge: Anything Goes
- Through the Craft Room Door: Anything Goes
As always, thanks for stopping by for a visit!