The Stamps I Use

Sunday, July 7, 2013

Mojo Monday 300

Hi folks,

Well, I had the best of intentions to make a bunch of cards with this week's Mojo Monday sketch (as it was a special anniversary celebration of their 300th sketch) but, as usual, I procrastinated and just managed to squeeze in one card that I made today. okay, it might not have been procrastination so much as being really busy with my gardening...and then recovering from the gardening!

Anyways, my great Uncle has a birthday coming up in the middle of this month and I figured I should get his card made now so I can get it off into the post in plenty of time. Here's the card I made for him using Mojo Monday Sketch #300.



I REALLY like this layout and absolutely plan to make more cards with this sketch. Maybe even a set of cards for my long planned card workshop for my Light the Night fund-raising campaign.

card details:
  • finished size: 4.25 x 5.5 inches, black card stock base (you can't really see in the photo but the front panel is actually another layer of black card stock, cut 1/8 inch smaller than the card base, then popped up on dimensional foam. I find it adds a nice touch to have that extra layer in the card.
  • patterned paper: My Mind's Eye "Dilly Dally"
  • stamps: Verve "Doodled Occasions" and another set for the "Uncle" for which I honestly do not know the manufacturer.
  • layout: Mojo Monday 300
  • Spellbinders dies: Petite Circles, Classic Squares
  • CTMH Black Waxy Flax, CTMH Lagoon button from my stash
additional challenges for this card:
As always, thanks for stopping by for a visit!

7 comments:

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

What a great masculine card. Thanks for playing along with Mojo Monday 300!

Wendy Fraser said...

Super male card, love the layout and colours. Thanks for joining us at A Gem of a Challenge xx

Sue - bearhouse said...

Fabulous card, I love all the layers and wonderful colours
Thank you for taking part in A Gem of a Challenge this week
Sue xx

Trisha Stanley said...

Love your card. Simple and clean!! Makes a perfect card for a man!! I'm so glad you linked up at Sister Act this week! Hope to see you again, soon!
Hugs-
Trisha-DT Member

Jenn Zeeb said...

Thanks so much for playing along with us this week for the Catch The Bug "Anything Goes” with Bugaboo Stamps! Just loved your card, and hope to see more of your work in future challenges!

Bugaboo Stamps DT
Jenn Zeeb

Shelley said...

Thank you for joining in our anything goes challenge at One Stop Craft Challenge, hugs Shelley xx

Min said...

Love the sketch!
Thanks for playin’ along with us this week for the Catch The Bug Anything Goes Challenge with Bugaboo Stamps!
Be sure to visit The Bug Blog tomorrow for the kick off of the Christmas in July Celebration!
Hugs & Happy Days!
~Min
Kaymin Kreations