Today's a BIG day in stamping land! Yumi & Fumi Handmade is celebrating their first anniversary with a BLOG HOP and I am delighted to say that I was asked by Leanne (one of the founder's of Y&FH) if I would like to help them celebrate by being one of the stops along the hop. Well, OF COURSE I would!
For a full list of all the stops along the hop, be sure to stop by the anniversary post over at the Yumi & Fumi Handmade blog. You will also find all the details about the prizes to be won and how you can qualify to win! Be sure to comment on each of the posts along the hop!
So, enough with the chitter chatter from me. Here's the inspiration photo for the hop - don't you just love those warm colours? Those lovely pinks and oranges, the brocade linens, the flowers, that old wooden table, the gauzy white fabric in the background?
Well, here's the card I created based on the above photo, featuring one of my favourite Yumi & Fumi Handmade images - Fumi with Turtle (from the Peek-a-boo Series)
What do you think? Did I do a good job with the inspiration photo? I hope so - I've got some orange, pink, wood-grain, white, brocade and flowers all packed into this creation!
Now...back to hop for you! If you are already following along, then you came here from Cebelica's blog and should now head on over to Melissa's blog. If you just happened along by chance, then be sure to head back to the Yumi & Fumi Handmade Blog for the full list of blog hop participants. You don't want to miss out on your chance to win an awesome anniversary prize from Yumi & Fumi Handmade!
As the Y&FH crew would say - Mahalo! Glad you could visit today!
Oh, and just in case you are interested:
- finished size: 5 x 5 inches, white card stock base
- patterned paper: My Mind's Eye "Howdy Doody" (I LOVE the wood-grain paper in this pack - it comes in so handy for paper-piecing fences like I did here with Fumi peeking around the corner. The oranges and pinks were also perfect - as well as the yellow brocade pattern - for the fabrics in the inspiration photo.)
- stamped image: Yumi & Fumi Handmade "Fumi with Turtle", coloured with Copic Markers (E000, E00, E01, E93, E23, E25, E27, E29, RV09, RV19, YG23, YG25, YG67, YR12, YR15, YR16, YR18)
- sentiment: Verve "Joyful Blooms", stamped in CTMH Tulip ink
- corner die cut: La La Lands Filigree Corner Die (part of a prize pack I won previously with Y&FH)
- big orange flower from my stash
- layout: Deconstructed Sketch #108
challenges for this card: