Well, despite the fact that I am on vacay, I haven't found a lot of time to get busy in my craft room - I've been busy in my garden instead. But today I took a bit of a break from all the hard work and heat and ran a few errands and then spent a couple of fun hours in my craft room as I REALLY wanted to get a card made for the latest challenge over at Yumi & Fumi Handmade (since the deadline for submissions is tomorrow!). This week's challenge is to use Red, White, Blue and Kraft on your creation.
What do you think? Does it fit the bill? As a Canadian, I must admit that I struggle with the red, white and blue combo. Not because I'm anti-American or anything, I think I just find that the combo is a bit bold for me - hence the reason I used a lighter blue on my creation.
- finished size: 5.5 x 5.5 inches, kraft card stock base
- patterned paper: My Mind's Eye "Dilly Dally"
- stamped image: Yumi & Fumi Handmade "Yumi with Fan", coloured with Copic Markers (E000, E00, E01, E93, E23, E25, E27, E29, BG0000, BG000, BG01, BG02, R22, R24, R29)
- sentiment: Verve "Happy Hello"
- embellishments: half-back pearls from my stash, Fiskars Bluebell Teardrops (part of a wonderful prize pack I won in a previous Y&FH challenge)
- layout: Reverse Confetti Sketch For You To Try #1 (June 2013) - yes, I TOTALLY missed the reintroduction of the SFYTT challenges. sigh.
additional challenges for this card:
- One Crazy Stamper July Challenge: The Colour Kraft (max 5 entries)
- Hiding in my craft room #104: Freestyle
- Through the Craft Room Door: Anything Goes
- Dare to be Sassy Thursdays #184: Red, White and Blue
- Craft your Passion #169: Red, White and Blue
- Pile it On #26: Bling
- Papertake Weekly Challenge: Anything Goes
- Shopping Our Stash: Red, White and Blue
As always, thanks for taking the time to visit!