The Stamps I Use

Thursday, July 4, 2013

Yumi & Fumi Handmade Challenge #19

Hi folks,

Well, despite the fact that I am on vacay, I haven't found a lot of time to get busy in my craft room - I've been busy in my garden instead. But today I took a bit of a break from all the hard work and heat and ran a few errands and then spent a couple of fun hours in my craft room as I REALLY wanted to get a card made for the latest challenge over at Yumi & Fumi Handmade (since the deadline for submissions is tomorrow!). This week's challenge is to use Red, White, Blue and Kraft on your creation.



What do you think? Does it fit the bill? As a Canadian, I must admit that I struggle with the red, white and blue combo. Not because I'm anti-American or anything, I think I just find that the combo is a bit bold for me - hence the reason I used a lighter blue on my creation.

card details:

  • finished size: 5.5 x 5.5 inches, kraft card stock base
  • patterned paper: My Mind's Eye "Dilly Dally"
  • stamped image: Yumi & Fumi Handmade "Yumi with Fan", coloured with Copic Markers (E000, E00, E01, E93, E23, E25, E27, E29, BG0000, BG000, BG01, BG02, R22, R24, R29)
  • sentiment: Verve "Happy Hello"
  • embellishments: half-back pearls from my stash, Fiskars Bluebell Teardrops (part of a wonderful prize pack I won in a previous Y&FH challenge)
  • layout: Reverse Confetti Sketch For You To Try #1 (June 2013) - yes, I TOTALLY missed the reintroduction of the SFYTT challenges. sigh.
additional challenges for this card:


As always, thanks for taking the time to visit!

9 comments:

Sandra van Blaricum said...

Beautiful card Sheena!! Love the layout!!
Thanks for joining the TTCRD challenges!
Hugs,Sandra

Denice said...

What a pretty, pretty blue! thanks for joining us at Y&FH!

Leanne said...

Gorgeous card Sheena!! I think that shade of blue is perfect!! Love the layout and the different shades of red white and blue that you chose are fun! Thanks for joining us at Y&FH challenges!!
Have a great weekend!
:D
xx

MommyScraps said...

Oooh, I love the use of kraft with the red, white, and blue! And the Yumi Fumi image is adorable! :) Thanks for sharing with us at Craft Your Passion!
Adina

craftybunny said...

This is a beautiful card but although extra colours were allowed on the image your project needed to be red,white & blue.I'm afraid your entry cannot be counted in the prize draw this time.
Lisa x

Carla said...

Such a sweet card! Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

Sue said...

A lovely card. Thanks for joining us at One Crazy Stamper this month.

Leslie Hanna said...

Super layout! And even being from the USofA I struggle with RW&B. I also tend to tone down the blue to make it work for me.

Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

Karal Schuknecht said...

What a cute card. Thanks for joining us this week for "Red, White, & Blue. Good Luck and come back again.

Karal SSD DT
My Blog: Karals Creative Corner