I just couldn't help myself, in addition to the card I made for the hop, I just had to play along with the current challenge over at the Yumi & Fumi Handmade blog - a card for any celebration.
I had planned on giving the card I made for the anniversary hop to a friend's daughter for her birthday (she had a local reptile zoo pay a visit to her party so Fumi with Turtle was a perfect image). However, I realized that the eye colour was wrong so I decided I should make another card with the correct eye colour!
- finished size: 5x5 inches, white card stock base, black card stock mats
- patterned paper: My Mind's Eye "Dolled Up" (love this paper pad with it's mix of gingham, plaid, polka dots and wood-grain)
- stamped image: Yumi & Fumi Handmade "Fumi with Turtle" from the Peek-a-boo Series, coloured with Copic Markers (E000, E00, E01, E93, E21, E23, E25, E27, YG25, YG23, YG67, Y35, B95, B91, R20, R21, R22)
- sentiment: Verve "Small Celebrations"
- die cuts: Spellbinders Petite Circles, Cuttlebug Harmony Alphabet
- layout: Sweet Stop Sketch challenge #218 (oops, I missed the cut-off for the sketch challenge. I was REALLY busy making Strawberry-Gooseberry Jam this week - 106 jars of it in fact! My gooseberry bush is a bit of an over-producer.)
additional challenges for this card:
- Sister Act Card Challenge #15: Anything Goes
- Through the Craft Room Door: Anything Goes
- Use it Tuesday #59: Birthdays (stash - my seemingly endless pile of paper of course!)
- Papertake Weekly Challenge - Old, New, Borrowed, Blue (old - cuttlebug die, new - my Y&FH stamp is one of my newest from them, blue - on the patterned papers and the blue colour of her eyes!)
- Seize the Birthday: Anything Goes (this is a month long challenge, you can find the details via the link or via the badge to the left)
As always, thanks for stopping by for a wee visit!