well, I have been sitting on some TERRIFIC news for a little while now that I can finally reveal - I am one of the new Team Fumi members for the Yumi and Fumi Handmade Stamps Challenge Team!
I am so excited that my application to be on the team was accepted and I am looking forward to sharing my Yumi and Fumi Handmade Stamps creations with all of you over the next six months.
The big announcement can be found over at the Yumi and Fumi Handmade Stamps blog.
Yesterday, the members of Team Yumi were revealed.
Senior Designer, Rosemary Shaner Bridges: http://rosemaryscreations.blogspot.com/
Lisa Thompson: http://paperandpawprints.blogspot.com/
Corinne Reyes Mercado: http://rinnesbliss.blogspot.com/
Olivia Marmara: http://ormcraftynights.blogspot.com/
Maja Gomboc aka Cebelica: http://crafty-little-bee.blogspot.com/
Today, the members of Team Fumi are being revealed.
Senior Designer, Denice Bartucci: http://being-craft-de.blogspot.com/
Audrey Ernst: http://hippieaud.blogspot.com/
>>> Sheena Brooks: http://kanatanewfpapercrafts.blogspot.com/ <<< That's me!!!
Kathy Dinh: http://ekboutique.blogspot.com/
Melissa Oeters: http://8ers.blogspot.com/
Annemieke Blanken aka Blankina: http://blankinacreations.blogspot.com/
In honour of today's big news, I thought it only appropriate that I share a card (or two) featuring the iconic Yumi and Fumi from the Introducing Yumi and Fumi Series.
Yes - you are seeing double! If you are a frequent visitor, you know I like to build my stash of cards by making multiples of the same card, with just a few slight differences. So, while colouring up the image, I decided to colour it up two different ways to match the different mixes of the patterned papers. Which one do you like best? Personally, I rather like Fumi as a ginger! A different look for her don't you think? Oh, and I actually changed Yumi's hair colour on the first image. I started her out as a yellow blonde, didn't really like it when I finished, so coloured over the original hair colour with darker browns. I think the yellow low-lights actually add a bit of depth to the hair colour in real life.
- finished size: 5x5 inches, white card stock base, CTMH Sorbet mats
- patterned paper: Doodlebug Designs "Flower Box"
- stamped image: "Yumi and Fumi" from the "Introducing Yumi and Fumi Series" by Yumi and Fumi Handmade. Stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black on Copic Express paper. Coloured with Copic Markers. Here's the breakdown of the colours I used:
- skin: E000, E00, E01, E02, E93
- hair: Yumi #1: Y21, Y23, Y32, Y35, E47, E49, E57, E59. Yumi #2: E53, E55, E57, E59, E47. Fumi #1: E21, E23, E25, E27. Fumi #2: E97, E99, E07, E08
- eyes: B14, E17
- clothing: Yumi: Y00, Y02, Y04, Y08, Y08, YR18, E55, E57, E59, B91, B93, B95, B97. Fumi #1: YR12, YR15, YR16, YR18, E57, E55. Fumi #2: YG07, G07, G03, E57, E55
- sentiment: Verve "Doodled Occasions", stamped in CTMH Sorbet
- corner rounder punch, Spellbinders Petite Circles
- CTMH Sorbet brads from my stash
- layout: Sketch Saturday #269
challenges for this card:
- Through the Craft Room Door: Anything Goes
- Sister Act Card Challenge #18: Anything Goes
- Pile it On #30 - Anything Goes
- Cute Card Thursday #280: Anything Goes
- Simon Says: Anything Goes
Thanks for visiting today!