The Stamps I Use

Friday, August 2, 2013

Smiles Found Here!

Hi folks,

well, I have been sitting on some TERRIFIC news for a little while now that I can finally reveal - I am one of the new Team Fumi members for the Yumi and Fumi Handmade Stamps Challenge Team!



I am so excited that my application to be on the team was accepted and I am looking forward to sharing my Yumi and Fumi Handmade Stamps creations with all of you over the next six months.

The big announcement can be found over at the Yumi and Fumi Handmade Stamps blog.

Yesterday, the members of Team Yumi were revealed.



Senior Designer, Rosemary Shaner Bridges: http://rosemaryscreations.blogspot.com/
Corinne Reyes Mercado: http://rinnesbliss.blogspot.com/
Maja Gomboc aka Cebelica: http://crafty-little-bee.blogspot.com/


Today, the members of Team Fumi are being revealed.




Senior Designer, Denice Bartucci:  http://being-craft-de.blogspot.com/
>>> Sheena Brooks: http://kanatanewfpapercrafts.blogspot.com/ <<< That's me!!!
Melissa Oeters: http://8ers.blogspot.com/
Annemieke Blanken aka Blankina:  http://blankinacreations.blogspot.com/

  
If you aren't already a regular subscriber, be sure to pop by everyone's blog and check out this incredibly talented group of paper-crafters.


In honour of today's big news, I thought it only appropriate that I share a card (or two) featuring the iconic Yumi and Fumi from the Introducing Yumi and Fumi Series.





Yes - you are seeing double! If you are a frequent visitor, you know I like to build my stash of cards by making multiples of the same card, with just a few slight differences. So, while colouring up the image, I decided to colour it up two different ways to match the different mixes of the patterned papers. Which one do you like best? Personally, I rather like Fumi as a ginger! A different look for her don't you think? Oh, and I actually changed Yumi's hair colour on the first image. I started her out as a yellow blonde, didn't really like it when I finished, so coloured over the original hair colour with darker browns. I think the yellow low-lights actually add a bit of depth to the hair colour in real life.

card details:
  • finished size: 5x5 inches, white card stock base, CTMH Sorbet mats
  • patterned paper: Doodlebug Designs "Flower Box"
  • stamped image: "Yumi and Fumi" from the "Introducing Yumi and Fumi Series" by Yumi and Fumi Handmade. Stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black on Copic Express paper. Coloured with Copic Markers. Here's the breakdown of the colours I used:
    • skin: E000, E00, E01, E02, E93
    • hair: Yumi #1: Y21, Y23, Y32, Y35, E47, E49, E57, E59. Yumi #2: E53, E55, E57, E59, E47. Fumi #1: E21, E23, E25, E27. Fumi #2: E97, E99, E07, E08
    • eyes: B14, E17
    • clothing: Yumi: Y00, Y02, Y04, Y08, Y08, YR18, E55, E57, E59, B91, B93, B95, B97. Fumi #1: YR12, YR15, YR16, YR18, E57, E55. Fumi #2: YG07, G07, G03, E57, E55
  • sentiment: Verve "Doodled Occasions", stamped in CTMH Sorbet
  • corner rounder punch, Spellbinders Petite Circles
  • CTMH Sorbet brads from my stash
  • layout: Sketch Saturday #269
challenges for this card:
I hope you are able to drop by during the next six months to check out my creations for Yumi & Fumi Handmade!

Thanks for visiting today!

7 comments:

Angeline Choo said...

Congrats on your new DT post! Your card is so cute. love the stamps used :)

Thanks for joining us this week at Sister Act Card challenge

Angeline DT

Debra Miller said...

Super cute image Sheena! Love the colors you used. Thanks so much for joining us at Sketch Saturday this week! ~Deb

Sarah J. Moerman said...

Great cards! Fun images! Thanks for joining us for the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

Lizy Bartaby said...

Two fab lively cards Sheena!
hank you for joining us at Sketch Saturday this week! :)
Lizy xx

Leanne said...

Welcome Welcome Sheena!! Super excited to have you join us on Team Fumi! It's going to be a lot of fun and I'm really looking forward to all of your projects. Wow!! Love both cards! I tend to like the non-traditional hair colors so Fumi as a ginger is perfect, especially with her bright blue eyes. Yep, it's gonna be great working with you!
:D
xx

Denice said...

Welcome to Team Fumi Sheena! If any of your upcoming projects are as fab as these two cards...we are in store for some real eye candy from you!!!

My Creative Therapy said...

Sheena congrats on your new DT role! What an adorable pair they are! Beautifully colored, great design and love the papers. Thanks for joining us this week at Through The Craftroom Door and good luck!
Kathi
DT Member