The Stamps I Use

Friday, August 23, 2013

Viva La Verve - August 2013 - Week 1

Hi folks!

I finally got around to going BACK and doing a card for the Viva La Verve August Week 1 sketch challenge over at Splitcoaststampers.

Here's the sketch:



and here's my card I made for my Uncle (want to guess how old he is going to be on his birthday?)




Now, the two diagonally cut pieces of paper are actually the front and back of the same sheet of patterned paper. However, because of the way I cut it (to get the Roman numerals across the top), the orientation of the keyhole side was wrong for pairing up on the same card so....I wound up cutting a second piece of paper to get the keyholes lined up properly. Since that left me with two more diagonally cut pieces of paper, I decided to make a second card for my stash with the diagonals aligned differently.



I quite like how both cards came out.

card details:

  • finished size: 5.5 x 5.5 inches, kraft card stock base, white card stock mats
  • patterned paper: Bo Bunny "Timeless" (the border, numbers, time piece etc are all from the coordinating sticker page in the paper pack)
  • stamps: Verve "Making a Statement"
  • Spellbinders: Petite Circles
additional challenges for these cards:

4 comments:

7 KIDS said...

Love the clean lines. Nicely done! Thanks for participating in the www.7kidscollegefund.com challenge!

Angeline Choo said...

Love the vintage feel to it!

Thanks for joining us at Sister Act Card challenge this week.

-Angeline DT

Berni Cuttino said...

Fabulous card the image is simply gorgeous. Thanks for joining in on the fun over at TTCRD. We look forward to seeing you again.
Hugs
Berni,DT
craftdoormagazine.com.

Rosie said...

This is fabulous! Thank you for playing along in our 7 Kids Challenge at http://7kidschallengeblog.blogspot.com/! Hugs, Rosie