If you are a frequent visitor then you have probably noticed a new addition to my sidebar. That's right! I'm delighted to announce that I am a Step Sister for September and October with The Sisterhood of Crafters! Starting today, be sure to stop by every other Wednesday to check out my creations for the current challenge.
The challenge for the next two weeks (Sept 11th to 22nd) is "Divine Digi's" - that's right! Use a digi on your creation and link it up at the challenge post so we can "ooh" and "aah" over all of your fabulous creations.
Shelly's Images is the sponsor of this week's challenge so I chose to work with this absolutely LOVELY pumpkin image in order to get a head start on this year's Thanksgiving cards. I chose to work with the uncoloured image but, like so many of Shelly's Images, these pumpkins are also available in a coloured version if you prefer.
- finished size: 5.5 x 5.5 inches, kraft card stock base. Autumnal red card stock mats.
- patterned paper: Recollections "Autumn" mat stack
- digi image: Shelly's Images "Pumpkins", printed on Copic X-Press It card stock, coloured with Copic Markers (YR20, YR21, YR12, YR15, YR16, YG91, YG93, YG95, YG97, YG99, YG21, E21, E23, E25, E27) and sky background sponged with CTMH Heavenly Blue Ink. I actually coloured two of these images and cut out the two smaller pumpkins and leaves so they are popped up with foam tape for some extra dimension.
- sentiment: Verve "Tall Oaks" stamped in CTMH Barn Red.
- die cuts: Cuttlebug Leaves, Spellbinders Petite Ovals
- layout: Unscripted Sketches #221
additional challenges for this card:
- Through the Craft Room Door (Sept 10): Anything Goes
- Sister Act Card Challenge #23: Anything Goes
- Designed to Colour #19: Anything Goes
- Love to Scrap #13: Anything Goes
- Our Creative Corner: Forgotten Things (my Cuttlebug Leaves die sits in a box with the rest of my Cuttlebug dies and I usually only remember it when Thanksgiving rolls around....once a year! I really should try to use it more. Same is true for the Recollections papers I used.)
As always, thanks for stopping by!