So today is Hallowe'en here in North America. As usual, I have my twenty pumpkins bought. Sadly, I was feeling under the weather last night so my sweetie and I did not get around to gutting and carving them. Oh well. That just works out better for extending their shelf life for turning them into pumpkin puree and pumpkin pickles (after the insides have been scooped out and the seeds roasted, of course). Maybe I could get the kids who knock on our doors to carve them as a reward for their Hallowe'en treats. What do you think?
Anyways, my card for today jumps ahead to the next big holiday celebration here in Canada - Christmas! I figure it's only fitting since the Christmas decorations have been out in the stores here for weeks already!
Part of the reason I'm sharing this card featuring a Yumi & Fumi Handmade image is because (are you ready for the big news?) - Yumi & Fumi Handmade now has a company gallery on SplitCoastStampers!!! YAY!!!! So, if you are on SCS and are uploading your own cards featuring a Y&FH image, be sure to tag it with yumifumi so it shows up in the gallery!!! We're looking forward to seeing the gallery grow!
- finished size: 4.25 x 5.5 inches, kraft card stock base
- patterned paper: Teresa Collins "Christmas Cottage"
- stamped image: Yumi & Fumi Handmade "Yeti Fumi", coloured with Copic Markers (E000, E00, E01, E02, E93, E21, E23, E25, E27, E07, E08, E09, E93, Y21, Y23, G40, G43) with a little sparkle added to the light string with my Sakura Clear Star Gelly Roll pen.
- Spellbinders Petite Circles
- from my stash: adhesive gem (to dot the i)
- layout: Splitcoaststampers Sketch Challenge #459
- Sister Act Card Challenge #30: Anything Goes
- Christmas Card Challenges #48: Bows (but any Christmas Card will do - as you can see no bows on my card)
- Through the Craft Room Door (Oct 29 - Nov 4): Anything Goes
- Simon Says: Anything Goes