The Stamps I Use

Monday, December 2, 2013

Love to Scrap Challenge #19

Hi folks,

For the month of December I am guest DTing over at the Love To Scrap! Challenge Blog. Big Thanks to Leslie for inviting me to spend some time with them over the next few weeks.

Love to Scrap! is a bi-weekly challenge and the challenge for December 2nd to 15th is "Let's Get In Shape" - so you must created a shaped card - no squares or rectangles please!

The sponsor for the challenge is Lacy Sunshine Stamps



The winner of the challenge gets to choose three images as their prize! I highly recommend that you get into your crafty space and make a shaped card for this challenge. Heather has lots of absolutely adorable images in the store - and you can get your images in either digi OR clear stamps. How's that for awesome?

I knew right away what I wanted to do for this challenge - I wanted to make a card that looked like a Christmas ornament! Unfortunately, my laser printer has been acting up and I wasn't able to print an image in time for the challenge but I am hoping to remedy that in the next couple of days! I did, however, wind up creating these two cards.




Making them just involved some careful placement of my Scalloped Circles Spellbinders so that I had an edge on the top. Then I used my Stampin' Up tab punch to make a hanger to cover the fold at the top of the card. I even got out my Crop-A-Dile to add an eyelet through which I tied a bit of ric-rac in case the recipient wants to hang the card on their Christmas tree!

Here's a couple of individual shots of each of the cards:






card details:

  • finished size: approximately 4.25 inch circle, kraft card stock
  • patterned paper: Fancy Pants "Saint Nick"
  • sentiment: Verve "Holiday Greetings"
  • white eyelets and ric-rac ribbon from my stash
  • Spellbinders Petite Circles, Scalloped Circles
  • Stampin' Up Tab Punch
  • layout: Mojo Monday 317
As always, thanks for stopping by!

9 comments:

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

These are adorable!

Mynnette said...

LOVE these! What a great use of patterned paper--and the bold colors are so fun! Thanks for joining us at 52CCT! HUGS and hope you have a great rest of the week! :) Mynn xx

PS: We've got a blog hop/DT call going on at House of Cards--I'd LOVE for you to join us! :)

FeistyCrafter said...

Love the colors you used and the layout! These are very cute! Congrats on your DT guest spot and playing along with us at Love to Scrap! Challenge Blog
Tina DT

Deborah Frings said...

I really like your Christmas ornaments! Lovely layers and pretty papers. Thanks so much for playing along with 52CCT this week!

Leanne said...

Oh I love this paper and the way you did the card, great job, thanks for joining us too. Awesome!

Leanne DT@LTS!

Anne said...

Fabulous card. Thanks for sharing with us at Christmas Card Challenge. Hugs x

Patricia H. said...

I really like your combination of patterned papers on your ornaments! These fun, cheery cards are sure to brighten someone's day. Thanks for sharing them with us at 52{C}CT! I hope you'll join us again for our next challenge. :)

Jenn said...

Very pretty cards, great idea to make them into ornaments! Thanks for joining us at Christmas Card Challenges.

Louise van Vuren said...

Love these shaped ornament cards, great choice of patterns and colours. Fantastic card for our Pick A Previous Theme challenge,thanks for playing at 52 CCT this week

Louise xx