Friday, December 13, 2013

Sister Act Card Challenge #37

Hi Everybody!!!!

It's Friday so that means I am sharing with you my "anything goes" card for the Sister Act Card Challenge!

As you probably know by now, the rules for joining in our weekly challenge are pretty simple - anything goes as long as it is a new card of your own creation! Just join in the fun by linking up to your blog post featuring your lovely creation and you will be in the running for the prize offered by this week's sponsor!

Oh and I mustn't forget to mention our fabulous sponsor this week - it is Stamp And Create



a fantastic online retailer of all the things you need to get crafty - stop on by and check out their
fabulous collection of papers, stamps, embellishments - you name it!!!

So, for today's challenge, I'm featuring another Christmas card - 'tis the season after all!




What do you think of my choice of non-traditional colours? I quite like it myself. I hope my sister likes it as this is going to be her Christmas card this year.

Now, be sure to link up YOUR creations this week so the Sister Act DT can check them out! I can't wait to see what you create!

card details:

  • finished size: 5.5 x 5.5 inches, kraft card stock base
  • patterned papers: My Mind's Eye Lost & Found 3 "Oliver" 
  • digital image: Simply Betty Stamps "Elsa the Snow Queen" (she was a limited time freebie for the members of the Facebook Fan Group), coloured with Copic Markers (E000, E00, E01, E93, E04, B91, B93, B99, E50, E51, E53, Y28, Y26, Y23, Y32) and a little shimmer was added to the lines on her dress with my Clear Star Gelly Roll pen from Sakura.
  • sentiment: Verve "Ornamental Christmas"
  • paper doily, jute twine, adhesive gem and snow flake die cut from my stash
  • layout: Just Us Girls #218 (I took a few minor liberties like moving my snowflake to the opposite side of the card since my image panel was a little larger)
  • Spellbinders Classic Rectangles to die cut the image panels.
challenges for this card:
As always, thanks for stopping by!

8 comments:

Sandra van Blaricum said...

Beautiful card Sheena! I love the non traditional colors! Your Dp is beautiful!
Thanks for joining the TTCRD challenges!
Hugs,Sandra

Corinne said...

oh she is just STUNNING, LOVE your colors...
Hugs

Mynnette said...

Such a sweet image! LOVE your coloring and that fabulous doily! HUGS and thanks for joining us at 52CCT! :) Mynn xx

La Papera Gialla said...

Lovely card!
Thanks for playing with us at Christmas Card Challenges this week!
Monica - CCC DT

Deborah Frings said...

I do like the non-traditional colours! Love the image too - so beautifully coloured. Thanks so much for playing along with 52CCT this week!

Angeline Choo said...

What a lovely card :)

Danielle Vincent said...

I love your non-traditional colors - very lovely. Your coloring is terrific (especially the hair). Thanks so much for joining us at 52CCT. Happy holidays.

aaemie said...

Lovely, TFS with us at OCS.