The Stamps I Use

Saturday, March 1, 2014

Mojo 334 Crushing on Violet

Hi folks!

I made some time today to get crafty - I'm attending a 70th birthday party tomorrow and needed to get the card made for the birthday girl.

I looked up this week's Mojo Monday sketch and decided it would be perfect for the papers I wanted to use. The stamp is one of many I have from Heather's Stamping Haven, sadly another LSS which just closed its doors this week (because the owner is retiring and there was no one to take over the store).



card details:

  • finished size: 4.25 x 5.5 inches, black card stock base
  • patterned papers: Kaiser Craft "Violet Crush"
  • stamped image: Frog's Whiskers Ink "Dragonfly" from the "Enchanted Hollow" series, coloured with Copic Markers (YG13, YG23, BV0000, BV000, BV00, BV01, BV08). I replaced the stamped antennae with antennae I made from black crafting wire. Background was sponged with CTMH Amethyst
  • sentiment: Verve "Big Wish"
  • Spellbinders Labels One
  • black satin ribbon and adhesive pearls from my stash
  • layout: Mojo Monday 334
challenges for this card:
As always, thanks for stopping by!

7 comments:

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Absolutely gorgeous!

Sharyn Polesel said...

Beautiful card! I love that wonderful butterfly and the soft colors! Well done!

Sharyn Polesel said...

Oops! I was supposed to say Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday! lol Guess it's too early! Have a great day!

Susie Wittwer said...

Very pretty card! The butterfly is gorgeous!
Thank you for joining us at Seize The Birthday. :)

JoAnn said...

Beautiful. Love the pretty butterfly and the colors. Thanks for sharing at Seize the Birthday.

Nancy said...

Gorgeous card....It's really striking indeed! Thanks for sharing this with us over at Seize the Birthday!

RiNNE said...

Wonderful coloring!