The Stamps I Use

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Birthdays and Books - a great combo

Hi folks,

Just sharing a card I made for the daughter of dear friends of ours. I didn't know what to get her and for her birthday and then read a funny comment on her Mom's Facebook page about a comment from her younger sister regarding book series "Diary of A Wimpy Kid". Let's just say that the word diary was replaced with a similar sounding word - to much laugher. So I asked if I could get the birthday girl the series of books. Yay! Perfect gift!

So I had to make a card with THIS image from the Back 2 School Series from Yumi & Fumi Handmade.




card details:

  • finished size: 5 x 5 inches, white card stock base
  • patterned paper: Studio Calico "Snippets"
  • stamped image: Yumi & Fumi Handmade "Back 2 School Series" Yumi with Book. Coloured with Copic Markers (E000, E00, E01, E11, E93, E21, E23, E25, E27, YR00, YR01, YR02, BG11)
  • sentiment: Verve "Birthday Bash"
  • Embelllishments: jute twine, ribbon, embroidery floss and Basic Grey Curio button from my stash
  • layout: Cardmaps January 2014 (I used the sketch with the bird but flipped it on the side)
additional challenges for this card:
As always, thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Donna said...

Fantastic birthday card! I love that image and your colouring is fab!! Thanks for playing along with us at Shopping Our Stash!

Alica Ziakova said...

Great coloring and papers - your card has very nice fresh feel to it!
Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

Hugs, Alica ;)