The Stamps I Use

Monday, May 19, 2014

For a Baptism

Hi folks,

Well it's the last day of the Victoria Day long weekend here in Canada and I have totally wasted away my weekend doing -- nothing. I HAD planned on spending the entire weekend crafting but...that didn't happen. Inertia is the bane of my existence.

Anyways, while I'm moping here on the couch waiting for the current load of laundry to finish in the wash, I figured I'd post this card.




Dearly beloved was asked to be the godfather for one of his nieces when she was recently baptized. Since she isn't an infant, I struggled with choosing an image that would be appropriate for a card to commemorate the occasion. I decided on this one from Taylored Expressions. I think it works.

card details:

  • finished size: 5 x 5 inches, white card stock base, Bazzill card stock mats
  • patterned paper: Wild Rose Studio "Blackberry Lane". I thought the floral pattern on the paper I used to mat the image was just a perfect match.
  • stamped image: Taylored Expressions "Moka Angel", coloured with Copic Markers (E000, E00, E01, E02, E93, E21, E23, E25, E27, R000, R81, R83, R85, Y28)
  • Embellishments: half back pearls from my stash
  • layout: Splitcoaststampers Sketch Challenge 482

challenges for this card:
As always, thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Leanne said...

She is purely wonderful...love the colors and the layout you used. Great job, and nice added embellishment with the pearls. Thanks for playing our challenge at One Crazy Stamper!

Leanne DT@OCS