The Stamps I Use

Sunday, May 18, 2014

Have a sweet day!

Hi folks,

Hope you are all having a fabulous weekend! I've been puttering the days away, going with the flow. I HAD planned on playing in the craft room today but got side-tracked by the critters outside. In particular, by THIS intrepid chipmunk.



That bird feeder hangs about three feet or so off the ground from a shepherd's hook. This little chippie spent rather a lot of time running back and forth from the family burrow to the hook. (S)He would then climb the hook, size it up and then leap across to the feeder. Every time a success. I spent the better part of an hour trying to capture him/her in this action shot (thank goodness for digital cameras)!


Anyways, even if I didn't go the craft room it was a good day to spend outside, patiently waiting for my chipmunks.


I figure, though, if I'm not in the craft room, at least I can share a recent creation with you. This is a card and matching gift card case I made for dearly beloved's niece for her birthday. I like decorating these little cases and tucking in some birthday $$ for the kidlets. The family is planning a big trip later this year and I thought it would be nice if the kids could have some extra spending $$ for their trip for some memorable outings or treats while they are on vacation.





Here's an up-close photo of the card itself.



And one of the decorated gift card tin - personalized for the birthday girl herself!





card and tin details:

  • finished size (card): 5x5 inches, white card stock base, brown card stock matsy 
  • patterned papers: Jillibean Soup "Homemade 6 Bean Soup"
  • stamped image: Some Odd Girl "Tiny Baker Tia", coloured with Copic Markers (E000, E00, E01, E02, E11, E93, E23, E25, E27, E33, C00, C0, E04, R29, R20, R21, R22, R24)
  • embroidery floss and CTMH buttercup buttons from my stash (on the tin). I think the chipboard letters are Basic Grey.
  • layout: MFT Wednesday Sketch 170

challenges for this card:

4 comments:

Melissa said...

This is adorable Sheena! I love how the card and the tin coordinate, you are going to give the birthday girl a big SMILE! Thanks for joining us at May's Linky Party at Some Odd Girl!!

shirley-bee said...

Gorgeous matching card and gift card tin, bet the recipient will love it! Thanks so much for joining us at Seize The Birthday!

Susie Wittwer said...

What a sweet card and matching gift! Love these colors together!
Thank you for joining us at Seize The Birthday. :)

Marilyn said...

So cute! What a great idea!!! Thanks for sharing it with us at Some Odd Girl for the linky party!