The Stamps I Use

Sunday, June 15, 2014

A Special Celebration Fairy

Hi folks,

So - how many of you out there have heard of Alyce Keegan and her site Kit and Clowder? It's a phenomenal site for anyone interested in honing their colouring skills.

If you haven't already checked out the Kit and Clowder Facebook Group, you should! Alyce is celebrating 2000 members in the group this weekend. As part of the celebration, The Stamping Chef created a special image that is available for the month of June at a special reduced price. Everyone purchasing the image during June is entered into a draw to win one of three $20 gift certificates at the end of the month.

Of course, I did pick up the image - it is GORGEOUS! Here's my card!


Since she's a fairy, I HAD to go with funky colours for her hair and skin. Just because.

Now, I AM registered for the Skin and Hair class on Kit and Clowder but I haven't had a chance yet to sit down and work on the lessons. I DID complete both of the Copic certification classes last weekend (yay me) - but as you can see, I do have some work to do on my colouring. I DID pull out my light source templates to figure out where best to do my highlighting and shading but....I think I still need to do some work on that. Practice, practice! I just need to find the time!


card details:

  • finished size: 4.25 x 5.5, black card stock base
  • patterned paper: Pink Paislee "Bayberry Cottage"
  • digital image: The Stamping Chef "Alyce", coloured with Copic Markers (skin:V0000, V01, BV0000, BV000, BV11, BV20, BV31, BV25, BV34, B17. hair: YG0000, YG00, YG01, YG23, YG25. dress: T1, T3, T5, T7, T9. wings: RV00, RV02, RV21, RV23.) Sparkly accents added to bow, eyelashes, lips, wings with atyou Spica Clear. Background sponged with CTMH Baby Pink
  • layout: Splitcoaststampers Sketch Challenge 492
Challenges for this card:

As always, thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

Kellie 0:) said...

I love Alyce's work. So glad that you have found her wonderful work.

Kellie 0:) said...

Ooops pressed publish too quick. I love what you have done with this cute image. Love the greens you have used. TFS

Cindy Groh said...

I love the green hair on this one. Well done.