Well, it's been a while since I posted - nearly two weeks! What can I say? I just haven't been feeling the crafty mojo.
It might be the fact that it is summer, it might be the fact that I'm taking a three week vacay from work. It might be the fact that I've been busy making jam. OR - it might just be that I finally caved and took a day to clear out the mess that had accumulated in my craft room.
Eeep! I didn't take a photo of the room before I cleaned - but I did take a few after. AND the office where everything that I took out of the craft room is now waiting to be sorted. Yep, enough stuff to fill TWO craft rooms. Is it any wonder I didn't feel like getting crafty?
But July is a busy birthday month so I made my way into my craft room this weekend to do a bit of colouring and some card-making.
Today I'm sharing the card I made for dearly beloved's niece - she was seven on Saturday.
I'm really not happy with the hair - my E25 and E27 markers were leaving that telltale "sticky" residue. Ick. I've given them a clean and we'll see what happens. I may just have to pitch the nibs though and replace them.
Anyways, card details:
- finished size: 5x5 inches, white card stock base, black card stock mats
- patterned paper: Doodlebug "Flower Box"
- stamped image: The Greeting Farm "Wild Child", coloured with Copic Markers (E000, E00, E11, E04, E00, E21, E23, E25, E27, RV00, RV02, RV52, RV55, YG06, YG07, YG00)
- sentiment: The Greeting Farm "Magical" Bean kit, stamped in CTMH Watermelon (retired), with the "happy" stamped a second time, cut out and popped up on adhesive foam tape
- sparkly pink ricrac from my stash and sparkly adhesive stars from my crafty pal, Rinne!
- layout: Mojo Monday 353
- Spellbinders: Petite Circles
additional challenges for this card: