If you are a regular visitor to my blog, then you know that every year in December, we celebrate the birthday of a friend of ours with "Bacon Appreciation Day". It's an idea cooked up by his wife a few years ago (this year we celebrated the 6th edition) where the entire birthday dinner revolves around bacon. The welcome to dinner beverage, the appetizers, the entrée, the side-dishes, the dessert. Every single course has bacon in it.
Of course, his birthday card always has some porcine influences as well.
This year, I was thinking that I had pretty much used EVERY pig stamp I own so I had to come up with something different.
As it happens, I had an extra card blank in my CTMH Cut Above™ Happy Birthday Card Kit and decided to use it with some of the papers from the retired Lollydoodle Paper Packet to come up with this year's card.
The pink paper kind of reminded me a little bit of bacon. What do you think?
- finished size: 4.25 x 5.5 inches
- patterned papers: CTMH Cut Above™ Happy Birthday Card Kit and Lollydoodle Paper Pack
- stamps: CTMH "You mean the world to me" (B1467). The "eat more bacon!" was built using my Pegz Alphabet stamps from Mason Row.
- Simon Says: Anything Goes
- Papertake Weekly: Pick a Fave or Anything Goes (I'm going with Anything Goes!)
- Seize the Birthday: Anything Goes Birthday
As always, thanks for stopping by!