The Stamps I Use

Friday, January 9, 2015

Badass Friends with Flair

Hi folks,


Just thought I would pop in today to share this recent creation with one of my new stamps from Unity Stamp Co - and it so happens that today is also Friends with Flair Friday at Unity! Awesome!


If you've been following my blog for the last year or so, you know that I have taken up running as a form of exercise. It's all because I reconnected with a high school friend after a couple of decades of life going in different directions. She's a runner and encouraged me to join her on a couple of races this past year.


She celebrated a birthday recently and this is the card I made for her.




I know - the sentiment is not very "birthday-ish" but I think it suits her to a T. And that sequined bow? I think it is just perfect if I do say so myself. I love the juxtaposition of the girlie girl bow with the cool sentiment.




card details:
  • finished size: 4.25 x 5.5 inches
  • patterned paper: Graphic 45 "Couture"
  • stamp: Unity Stamp Co "Badass Every Day", stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black with a bit of shading added with Copic Markers (E50, E51, E53)
  • embellishments: sequin bow from my stash
  • layout: Mojo Monday 375


19 comments:

Brandi R said...

Pretty and Dazzling card! Thank you for sharing ♥

Ruby said...

Pretty card. Looks very sparkly.

Scrapbook Lynne said...

Oh what a great design and a wonderful way to use that stamp! TFS

Lagene said...

Great card, great colors for a guy!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

I just love these newer sassy sayings. Nice job on the card.

D.Ann said...

Cool layout!

Janis said...

Great use of the stamp. Love the neutral color scheme.
<3 J

jwoolbright at gmail dot com
HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

Crystal said...

This is an amazing card! I love this sentiment and it is perfect for a runners birthday!

Dawn Fields said...

This card is stunning! Fabulous Design!

Ginger said...

I love how you colored the saying! Looks great!

Caroline D. said...

Beautiful card!

Cynthia said...

I like the monochromatic design of your card, Sheena.

Tracy said...

Love the sentiment .. beautiful card and one to treasure! Xxx

Sue D said...

Great card for your friend and I like the sequined bow.

ionabunny said...

Love the colours you used here and the cute bow. Hugz

Scrapper Myra said...

Nice card. Sometimes the images or sentiments don't have to be exactly the topic. I think everyone knows whars best for the recipient.

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Such a cool card!

Miwa said...

This is an awesome birthday card!

Danielle said...

Love this Sheena! Super sentiment and the colours/papers are fab!
Hugs, Danielle x