The Stamps I Use

Monday, May 18, 2015

Growing in Unity - Day 1

Hi Everyone!


This is a special week on my blog - I get to be the Growing In Unity Gal this week!

Last year I discovered the always delightful, sometimes punny, sometimes irreverent stamps from Unity Stamp Company. To say that their stamps resonate with me on many levels would be VERY accurate.

From Monday through Friday this week, I'll be doing a daily post featuring a creation (or two) that uses some of the many stamps I have collected from Unity over the last year or so. Leave a comment on each of the daily posts and at the end of the week I will be announcing two winners of 25 stamps from the great folks at Unity.

Up first are a couple of cards using one of the many Unity wine-themed stamps I have in my collection. My spouse is a sommelier so I kind of HAVE to have every single wine related stamp that Unity makes. Because. Reasons.

When I first saw the "Drink & Cuss" stamp set that was part of the December 2014 release, I HAD to have it for a very special friend of mine for her birthday card this year. Every other week we get together for what we call our "wine and whine" session. It used to be lunch (with wine - so we could whine) followed by a movie. I introduced her to quilting a couple of months back and now our "wine and whine" takes place at my house. I make us lunch & dinner, my spouse does the wine pairing for us and we spend the day quilting.!

This is her birthday card.





I thought it was perfect - a wine related stamp, quilting related papers. A "perfect pairing" in sommelier-speak!

Of course, since I had the stamp set out ANYWAY, I couldn't help but put the other image in the set to use on this card:



card details:

Thanks for stopping by today. Don't forget to leave a comment below to be entered into the draw at the end of the week for 25 stamps from Unity Stamp Company. There will be TWO winners selected from all of the comments this week. I moderate the comments so you won't see your comment below until I approve it. And be sure to stop back tomorrow for my Day 2 post as the Growing In Unity Gal!

25 comments:

Tanya Rudd said...

You are amazing Sheena. You definitely have the magic touch with the Unity stamps. Love the colors you used. Enjoy the week, I know I will be.

Danielle said...

Firstly, congratulations on being the Growing in Unity Gal for the week! Secondly, you have such a wonderful knack for showing off these fabulous Unity stamps at their best! I LOVE these wine sentiments - fantastic! I look forward to the rest of the week!
Hugs, Danielle x

Lisa :) said...

These are so cute I LOVE the sort of earth-tone colors you used, really lend themselves well to the wine theme!!

Samantha Klaebe said...

Both cards are great! I like the first especially, love this sentiment and know a few friends myself where a card like this would apply :)

thanks for the card details. Love seeing what fellow crafters use :)

Teresa Doyle said...

LOL. Great cards. I especially like the second one! HAhaha My BF & I grew up together and moved to the same neighbourhood after marriage. We wine & talk shit all the time! LOL Great card!

Brandi R said...

Wow these are awesome! The colors, the papers, and the layouts....just fabulous for these stamps! Love them both ♥

Rebecca Yahrling said...

Great work and especially with stamps that need that "special" person to give them to; yours are perfect! My hubby used to dabble in wine making so I know what you mean about having to have those stamps. Looking forward to your projects this week!

Cynthia said...

Looking forward to your inspiration this week, Sheena.

alyson esposito said...

Great composition and use of color. I also bought this stamp for someone close to me. Unity stamps are so much fun

Kris B said...

Great cards! I really like the second! Fun sentiment! Congrats on being this weeks GIU designer, looking forward to a fun week!

Gaylynn said...

Hi Sheena. These are such FUN wine cards. The sentiments made me smile. :)

Kim Rippere said...

So cute! I love that you have all the wine stamps because your husband is a sommelier!

{Craftisan Studios}
Design Team Showcase

Sue D said...

Very fun wine themed cards. I like how you paired the wine stamp with the quilt looking paper for your friend.

Laura Turcotte said...

Loving those stamps! Your cards turned out wonderfully!

Sweet April said...

Love both cards,they are amazing,creative and marvelous,even though,I like the first one including the sentiment,color and the fabulous stamp.

heidiscoll said...

Love them! Sounds like a fun way to spend the day with a friend! :)

Becci said...

Happy GIU week!!!

Ruby said...

Cute cards.

ionabunny said...

What fun cards. Hugz

Berina RGA said...

congrats on being the GIU girl.. nice cards..

Denise Bryant said...

Very fun and sassy cards!

SHartl said...

That Drink and Cuss card made me laugh! What a fun card for your friend and what a great way to celebrate her birthday every year!

Mary Holshouser said...

I love to use "bad-ass" sentiments.
I'm not into ooey-gooey sentiments so I usually write whatever I want to say by hand. Which is a problem because my handwriting is terrible. fun cards.
thanks for sharing.

Tinstar said...

Love this stamp set - fab card

Thomas Roberts said...

Love your blog and the stamps that you use