The Stamps I Use

Thursday, May 21, 2015

Growing in Unity - Day 4

Hi Everybody!

Welcome back for the fourth of my week long posts as the Growing in Unity Gal.

Another big part of my Unity stamp collection revolves around sentiments that would make cute/romantic cards for my sweetie. In some respects though, my definition of cute/romantic might differ from what other people think of as a lovey dovey card.

In my house, we are both BIG geeks/nerds (see the picture in the left sidebar? The Whovians among you will understand). Anyways, when I saw "Talk Nerdy" I knew it was another stamp that had to be added to my collection (I had the perfect papers to pair with it hoarded in my collection just waiting for the perfect stamp).





card details:
  • finished size: 6 x 6 inches, CTMH Chocolate card stock base
  • stamps: "Talk Nerdy". Glasses are coloured with Copic BG11, Y35, YG23 and B01
  • patterned paper: Jillibean Soup "Atomic Soup" (just the names of each of the patterns makes the geek in me squee with delight)
  • embellishments: Basic Grey "Jovial" buttons, CTMH Colonial White Waxy Flax
Thanks for stopping by today. Don't forget to leave a comment below to be entered into the draw at the end of the week for 25 stamps from Unity Stamp Company. There will be two winners chosen from all of the comments left this week. I moderate the comments so you won't see your comment below until I approve it. And be sure to stop back tomorrow for my final post as the Growing In Unity Gal!

22 comments:

Samantha Klaebe said...

Haha. Very cute. Love the sentiment. My hubby is a big need, he'd appreciate a card like this. Thanks for sharing.

SHartl said...

This card is so fun with the glasses and periodic table! I especially love the muted colors that give it a retro feel!

ionabunny said...

Great card. Love the science. Hugz

Danielle said...

This is brilliant Sheena! Great combo of papers to complement the sentiment - you are doing a fantastic job showcasing these Unity stamps!!
Hugs, Danielle x

Becci said...

Great paper and stamping combo! :)

Tanya Rudd said...

THIS is SO my family.. LOVE this. Have to get that paper. The glasses area amazing too. Must get this stamp.

Brandi R said...

So cute and SO SO fun!!! Love this! The papers are PERFECT for the images and the sentiment. So very well thought out and put together ♥

Cynthia said...

I love what you've created with this set, Sheena. I have this image & only used it once. Thanks for the inspiration!

Laura Turcotte said...

Oh that is too cool! i like it!!! TFS!

Ruby said...

Love these cards. TFS

Rebecca Yahrling said...

lol That's really cute! Love the papers you used are just perfect - love it!

Mary Holshouser said...

Love the eye-chart look of the background paper. Cute card.
thanks for sharing.

Denise Bryant said...

Perfect papers to go with that fun sentiment stamp!

Kris B said...

Cute in a nerdy kinda way!! Love the glasses and all the fun layers! Great job!!

Berina RGA said...

nice card,, love the papers you have used... pretty glasses..

Sweet April said...

Wow...amazing card,love the glasses,sentiment and the colorful papers.Really marvelous.

sharon g said...

the frames behind each of the images/papers is a great idea. It makes them all special...

Sue D said...

Great choice of papers to go with this sentiment.

Gaylynn said...

How fun this is. Lovely layers and stamping.

Teresa Doyle said...

This is a great card! Does liking these glasses make ME a nerd? LOL
{Then I MUST BE NRDY!} Great work, my fellow nerd! HAHA

heidiscoll said...

Missed a day! Love your card! These papers are a perfect match for these stamps. :)

Lisa :) said...

LOVE this card!!! I have that stamp, you've inspired me to use it!!