The Stamps I Use

Monday, August 8, 2016

Growing in Unity - Day 1

Hi folks,

Thanks for stopping by today.

Again this year, I am lucky enough to be one of the many fans of Unity Stamp Company who gets to share with you, for an entire week, my creations using their delightful stamps. I hope you enjoy!

If you leave a comment on each of my Growing In Unity posts, your name will be entered into a draw to win some goodies from Unity Stamp Company!

I decided with this week of GIU that I would try my hand at making a few little canvases. Nothing fancy - just playing a little bit with stamping and watercolouring.

For this canvas (and the card which follows) I used the gorgeous "Be Amazing" stamp. The image is stamped on paper and coloured with Copic markers as I have not yet mastered colouring with watercolours on the canvas. I then affixed it to the watercoloured canvas and stamped my sentiment.



I felt like the piece needed a little something more and the watch gears just jumped out at me as being a perfect accompaniment to the sentiment. A little play on time so to speak.

And since I never just colour one image, I used the second one to make this card.



I thought the flowered paper was a perfect match to her beautiful tattoo.

As always, thanks for stopping by. Be sure to stop by again tomorrow for another Unity creation! Don't forget to leave a comment for a chance to win some goodies from Unity!




13 comments:

ionabunny said...

Good morning Sheena. Love this image. The canvas and the card are both beautiful. Great idea with the watch gears. Hugz

Sarah said...

Great card--I love how the paper was selected as its a great compliment to the tattoo!

Gina Furman said...

Wow, I love that card! I love that the white pattern against the black is reflected in the flower vines and the flowers themselves match that paper perfectly! Awesome coordination!

Chris in CT said...

Beautiful

angela b said...

Love the cards. The backgrounds are great.

Brittany M. said...

Wonderful projects! I love the colors you chose for the canvas with that image!!!

Denise Bryant said...

Pretty canvas and card!

Sue D said...

Beautiful canvas and card with this image.

Rebecca Yahrling said...

I have always loved this image, it's just so pretty. Lovely projects today. I, too, love the rose paper you used on the card, to match her rose tattoos. Nice design.

Life of a Caffeinated Mom said...

Love the gold embellishments you added.

Ruby said...

Lovely set of cards. Congrats on being the GIU gal this week.

Kenneth Simmons said...

Either card is gorgeous.

sfcherry said...

Beautiful card! Love the colors. Thanks foe sharing!