The Stamps I Use

Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Growing in Unity - Day 2


Hi folks,

Thanks for stopping by today. If you happened to stop by yesterday, then you already know that I am the Growing in Unity Gal this week. Each day I'll be sharing a creation of mine using stamps from Unity Stamp Company. Be sure to leave a comment as there are goodies up for grabs from Unity at the end of the week!

As I mentioned yesterday, I decided to get brave and try my hand at watercolouring this week. Nothing fancy, mostly just trying to master backgrounds first before I step into watercolouring images - mostly because I NEED to find an ink that I can use on my canvases for stamping that doesn't smudge when I add the watercolours. I'm thinking an archival ink will work - or maybe Stazon? My black Stazon had dried out so I need to pick up a new one to try.

Here's another little fun canvas I tried. Again, the canvas background is watercoloured but the cute little unicorn and rainbow cloud (from Unicorns & Rainbows) are stamped on paper, coloured with Copic markers and then adhered to the canvas.


 I'm thinking it would make a fun, inspirational prezzie for someone in my T.O.P.S. group.

And, again, I made a quick little card with the second image I had coloured up.



Not sure if you can see it but I added a little sparkle to the stars with my Copic clear Spica marker.

Hope you enjoyed today's projects! Pop back again tomorrow when I'll be sharing my Day 3 GIU projects!


14 comments:

Gina Furman said...

Your projects are very cute! I also have a huge issue with watercoloring. I am not very comfortable with them at all, but I guess practice makes perfect!

Chris in CT said...

Cute card

sharon g said...

I'm loving that unicorn!!!!! Nice shading. What an adorable card!!!

angela b said...

Love the use of the unicorn!

Brittany M. said...

I love that lil' unicorn! Such fun creations :) Congrats on your GUI week!

Denise Bryant said...

Fun canvas and card! Love the cute unicorn!

Sue D said...

These projects are so cute with the unicorn and rainbow.

Rebecca Yahrling said...

These are just a darling combo today. I can imagine the canvas being the focal point of any little girl's room. Sweet design.

Life of a Caffeinated Mom said...

So cute. They make me smile.

Sarah said...

Oh goodness-- so cute! That pink unicorn is precious!

Ruby said...

Fun cards today. They do make you smile.

ionabunny said...

What fun projects. That unicorn is so cute. HUgz

Kenneth Simmons said...

very nice.

sfcherry said...

Very cute and fun! Love!