Just thought I would pop in to share a set of cards I made using the Cut Above™ Thank You Card Kit from Close To My Heart.
Here's a shot of the suggested card design and the contents of the card kit.
Of course, I like to play around with the kits, making my cards a little different. Sometimes I throw in a few extra bits and pieces.
Anyways, here are the cards that I came up with using the kit, an extra half sheet of black card stock and some black enamel stars.
This first card sticks fairly close to the original design - with the addition of some of those black enamel stars.
And here I went with a different orientation and scattering my stars about. I may have gotten a little carried away with the stars.
And then I started making birthday cards....
Added a little pop with some additional black card stock (and those stars!)
Here I decided to flip over the banner piece and use the plain side for something a little different.
Love this hostess rewards set! The derby, the glasses, the 'stache.
With Father's Day coming up, I thought it might be nice to make a couple of Dad's day cards.
One for a Dad....
And one for a brother.
Or they could be used for birthday cards as well, it's just a matter of the sentiment stamped or written on the inside.
- finished size: 4.25 x 5.5 inches
- papers and twine from the CTMH Cut Above™ Thank You Card Kit
- additional embellishments: black enamel stars
- stamps used: CTMH "You Mean the World To Me" (B1467), "Hats Off" (C1593), "Wonderful Friend"(D1422) and another set (possibly from Michaels) that I picked up years ago for the "Brother" stamp
- White Daisy Pigment Ink for the chalkboard effect on the banners
As always, thanks for stopping by!