The Stamps I Use

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

No peeking Doug!

I'm pretty sure my dearly beloved does not follow my paper-crafting blog, but just in case he does --- Doug....back away from this post.

No peeking!

Okay, you say you aren't Doug. Well, you can see the card I made for his birthday. I used this sketch from Sketch Saturday.

Doug recently commented that more cards need to use acetate. Plus, I love to use metal on cards I make for him. One way to making a card masculine I say! Metal...more metal! In this case, some copper sheets and copper mesh I have been ...saving...yes saving...for a special card. A co-worker's girlfriend RAKed it to me quite some time ago.

Anyhow....here is the card.




It was very difficult to photograph. Tried a black background ...that didn't work. So, then I tried it with a white background. Seems to have turned out better.

Elements of the card - acetate base, copper mesh attached with copper eyelets (love the crop-a-dile). Nestabilities labels for the image panel and sentiment panel. The hearts are copper mesh cut with my cuttlebug dies with the two-step heart also cut from black card stock layered on top. The cupcake is from inkadinkado and stamped with stazon on copper and then the frosting is layered paper-pieced from white card-stock. The I love you and happy birthday are stamped in copper and are Studio G images I believe.

There is also an inner panel (not visible in the photo), that is a nestabilities label cut from copper with a white card stock panel layered on top. Already signed and ready for giving.

I hope to find more time to make him another card before his birthday on Friday.

5 comments:

Carolyn King said...

what a cool card!!! Hope he doesnt pop on your site and see it! LOVin the metal!!!!

Michele said...

Fabulous card. Love the image and the papers. Michele x

Jenn said...

This is awesome!! LOVE the copper mesh on the hearts!! Hopefully Doug doesn't peek... Brooks peeked when he shouldn't have peeked and he saw his Valentines card before I gave it to him!! Silly boys!!

tracie said...

Fabulous card, love the Acete and copper ~ gorgeous !!
Thanks for joining us this week at SS
Have a great week
hugs
Tracie :)x

Ria said...

Gorgeouss card ;) thanks for making my sketch look so good ;)
hugs Ria