The Stamps I Use

Monday, August 3, 2009

Sk8ter Ian

He was a sk8ter boy.....


My sister recently posted some photos of my nephew, Noah, on his skateboard. As it happens, I had JUST received the Skater Ian stamp from The Greeting Farm. So, I finally got around to inking it up and.....here you go!





Whenever I see The Greeting Farm 's cute little Ian with blond hair I think of my nephew, Noah. I made this card for him to go with his back to school present. In the package he is going to find some "skull" adorned clothing (he just loves skulls/skeletons) so I pulled out my Skull and Crossbones Cuttlebug embossing folder and ran the grey panel through a few times to just cover it. Ian was coloured with Distress Ink (face) and PrismaColor Pencils.

And by the way, notice the CTMH Autumn Terracotta circle behind Ian - that was my dearly beloved's idea. I did not want just a plain white or cream coloured circle so looked at the back of the MVP paper I used for the background for a co-ordinating colour -- dearly beloved said the orangy colour would be good. I think he hit it on the head. Must remember to pester him when I am having colour "matching" issues.

The sketch for this card is Friday Sketchers Sketch #63.

Rest of the details:

finished card size: 5x5 inches
paper:
We are Memory Keepers - MVP (Namath) 4.75 x 4.75 inches
Black Cardstock: rectangle 2.5 x 4 inches, circle die cut approx 3.5 inches
Grey Cardstock: rectangle 2.25 x 3.75 inches
CTMH Autumn Terracotta: circle die cut approx 3 inches

ink:
CTMH Black
Tim Holtz Distress Ink Tattered Rose

PrismaColor Pencils: 940, 914, 915, 916, 1050, 1051, 1052, 1054, 1056, 1058

embellishments: brads

tools:
Cuttlebug
Cuttlebug Skull and Crossbones Embossing Folder (from the BEWARE 3x3 combo)
Spellbinders Nestabilities Small and Large Circles

1 comment:

Justine said...

This is a fantastic card, love the photo of your little guy.
Thanks for signing up to follow the ABC Design Blog along with your sweet comments.
Don't forget to come back each day to enter for each set