The Stamps I Use

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Another StarvingArtistamps Side-Step Card

Hi folks,

I'm scheduling this post for Thursday evening since we are having a family gathering and I will finally see dearly beloved's younger brother (Jenn's Hubby) so we can give him his birthday card.

For his birthday, I made another of those side-step cards, using the DoodleFactory Country stamps from StarvingArtistamps. The card is a bit of an inside joke and I have been waiting for a chance to make and give it to him.




And another photo so you can see the "step" effect a little better



I should mention, I did alter the barn image to remove the water tower so that the rest of the image would fit on the card. I SHOULD have made the card longer to include the water tower.

In case you are wondering, the joke has to do with the fact that the card has a "Brown Chicken, Brown Cow".


I'm sure he will get the joke.

I coloured all of the images using my Copic markers - more practice for me. Notice there is not one piece of DP on the card - I surprised even myself. Just some textured CTMH Olive cardstock.

As with my first step card, I used a Spellbinders Nestabilities Petite Circle die cut to create a bit of a sky background behind the farm.

The sentiment is from one of the stamp sets that I won recently from Totally Stampalicious. I really liked the font and thought it worked well with this card. Oh, did you know that they are having a new release on April 22nd? They have partnered up with Bugaboo Stamps for this next release.

I'll be entering this card for the latest challenge from the Cards For Men Blog - Fancy Folds. Since it is for my honorary brother-in-law and includes the neat side-step fold, I think it definitely fits the challenge!

I am also entering this card in the latest challenge from Paper Sundaes - to make a scene! As you can see in the sidebar - they have a blog hop and new release coming up soon. Be sure to check it out.

ETA - on SplitCoastStampers the side step card was featured as Technique Lover's Challenge 257.  The TLC257 has a link to a tutorial at Julie Davison's Blog here.

13 comments:

RiNNE said...

Oh....MY.....GOSH...!!!!!

I'm in LOVE with this card! This is genius! Even if I'm not in on the inside joke, I'm totally cracking up! I'm going to have to go to all of the links you provided. Sheena, this is just STELLAR!

Your coloring is just divine, and those stamps are cute!

Donnas Den said...

Really love this card, Sheena. Haven't seen these stamps before at all. Wow!! My son has Ravin' Rabbids on the wii and thinks they look similar.

Thanks for joining us over at Cards for Men and good luck with the challenge.

Donna xx

Nannieflash said...

Wow Kanat, thats a fabulous card, love the images to. Thank you for joining us at Cards for Men, and good luck with the Challenge. With hugs Shirleyxxxxx

issy said...

Fantastic work, this is amazing, I love it.

Thanks for joining in CFM this week, and good luck in the challenge.

issy

Deb said...

This is fabulous! So much great detail, all arranged in fun 3D!

Tanya Rudd said...

Sigh, this ROCKS Sheena.
Hugs
Tanya

Viv said...

LOVE this stonkingly fab card Sheena!
Thanks for playing along with us at CFM. Good luck! Viv xx

Blankiefinder said...

What a great scene! That farmer bunny is so cute and fun!! :D Thanks for playing along at Paper Sundaes, good luck in the draws!!

Danielle said...

OH MY WORD Sheena - this is fantastic! Just loving this farmyard scene with those fun stamp images! Awesome work gf! Where did you find the tutorial for the side step card?
Hugs, Danielle

alicaz said...

oh wow! wonderful! love the scene you created!
Thanks for playing with Paper Sundaes!

Alison said...

what a cute card!! I love the depth

DonnaMundinger said...

OMG, this is AMAZING! xxD

Vicki Wizniuk said...

Fab card! Congrats on getting TOP 3 on Cards For Men! :)