The Stamps I Use

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Finally a card to share!

Hi there folks,

I'm taking a few days off from work now that I'm not on pager duty for the first time in three weeks - woo hoo! So, this morning I sat down to make a card that I can actually share (I have a few waiting in the wings but can't show them to you yet!).


While relaxing this morning, I *starred* a few challenges in my google reader in the hopes of playing along. When I finally made my way up to the craft room, I put together this card:





The image is Yvette from Kraftin Kimmie Stamps and is one of the images I had left over from making my Easter cards and was coloured with Copic Markers. Seemed a shame to have her go to waste so I picked her up from the craft table and put her to good use with this week's CPS162 sketch. I think this card will work beautifully as a birthday card, a thank you card or even a Mother's day card. Someone I know will definitely be receiving this cutie in the next couple of weeks.


The papers are Basic Grey Euphoria and I got those from PaperWorksCo. I'm warning you now, I picked this entire collection up with the intention of using them on my Mother's day cards so there will be more than a few cards showing up in the next three weeks featuring these papers.


Turns out that CTMH Sweet Leaf and Petal are perfect matches for the green and purple in this collection from Basic Grey. So much so that I dug into my Winter Cozy Embellishment set for the metal ribbon sliders I used. Since I did use metal sliders on this card, I'm going to submit it to this week's Quixotic challenge - heavy metal!


Oh, and that ribbon? It started life as white grosgrain and I COLOURED IT TO MATCH USING MY COPICS!!! Why oh Why did I wait so long to start using Copic Markers?


Anyways, there you go....finally, a card post!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

love the card!! beautiful!!

Lea L. said...

This is really cute! Thanks for joining us at CPS this week!

♥♥♥Lea

Sparkle said...

This is darling!

Jenny said...

So pretty! I'm glad I just bought myself some of that paper with my latest PaperWorks order :)

Great idea colouring the ribbon, I'll have to give that a try!

SemSee said...

Such a happy card! I love it! Thanks for joining our Heavy Metal challenge this week at Quixotic Challenges! Hugs, Sem x

Tanya Rudd said...

Check out those ribbon buckles! Not to mention the fab coloring on Yvette.
Hugs
Tanya

RiNNE said...

I'm glad you got some time for crafting! The sketch is awesome, and I just adore all the elements you used -- the BG papers, the ribbon buckles, the colors you chose!

Cheryl said...

Lovely so cute love the colour and the ribbon x

Julie E said...

What an adorable "happy" card! Great ribbon technique, I will have to give that a try!