The Stamps I Use

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Get Well - with Sewing!

...

Hi folks....so I said earlier this week that I might be back with another get well card. Well....here it is....





Again, going for a fairly Clean and Simple look using this week's sketch from 2 Sketches 4 You. I only stamped a simple sentiment (from My Sentiment's Exactly). I thought it needed a little something so I thought I would TRY framing it with some off-kilter stitching.....ummmm....yeah, off-kilter, that's it....I'm thinking I should have lightly drawn in WHERE I wanted my stitching to go as I went a little off track in a couple of spots. I really don't understand how it is that I can sew a quilt -- a darn big one...geometric and PIECED and not get my stitching to go the way I want on an itty bitty card.

I used my EK Success Scalloped scallop border punch to create the decorative edges on the papers (from my brown scrap box) so I will be entering this card for this week's Practical Scrappers challenge to use punches.

Anyways, hope you are all having a lovely week.
Oh well....I'll try NOT to fret about my less than perfect stitched frame.

8 comments:

RiNNE said...

Hey, the fact that you're willing to try out that intricate design around your sentiment through stitching says a LOT. I think it's lovely, and whimsical!

Michele Gross said...

Off kilter nothing! I love the effect you got by repeating the box with your machine! I think it turned out super cool!!

Tanya Rudd said...

I LOVE how this turned out Sheena! It is really impressive. This fits into the distress/vintage Pixie Cottage challenge, and the punch challenge over at Practical Scrappers.

LOVE IT!
Hugs
Tanya

Pias Scrap och Doodling said...

Love it! Great stitched frame! Love your use of the border punch! Thanks for playing along with us at Practical Scrappers! /Pia

Cheryl Nelson said...

Fabulous card! LOVE the stitching!

Sylvia said...

Wow! This is a wonderful card.

Amy said...

I really like the funky stitched frame around the sentiment, it was the first thing that cought my eye and is a real fun touch! great card!

Kazan Clark said...

I love the stitching being off-kilter actually. Your card turned out fabulous
Thanks for joining us at 2S4Y this week
:) Kazan