The Stamps I Use

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

An anniversary card

Hi folks (second post for today so feel free to check out my earlier post!)

So I am apparently one heck of a procrastinator when I know I won't be seeing someone for a while and I have a reason to make a card for them. My cousin and his wife had their wedding anniversary on July 3rd and I have not yet had a chance to see either of them ... so I am just now getting around to making them a card.


While poking through one of the piles of more recently purchased craft items, I came across the early summer release Cuttlebug folders that I had picked up from PaperWorksCo a while back (yes, unopened, in a pile for two months). The Scrollwork embossing folder caught my eye as a good one to put to use on this card so I went poking around on SplitCoastStampers to see if I might find some inspiration. And, of course, I did in this card by TheatreDiva.


Here's where my inspiration led (the card uses the sketch from the Viva la Verve June Week 4 challenge but none of the inspiration photos for paper choices).





The card base is CTMH Chocolate, embossed with the Cuttlebug Scrollwork folder and then lightly sanded. The DP is from the Bo Bunny Persuasion line - the pink cardstock is Bazzill Smoothies. The ribbon is from the chocolate stack by CTMH. The flower is from Prisma.


The stamped sentiment is from Verve's Wishing You set and was cut out using my Spellbinders Small and Large Labels.

Challenges for this card:
Love and Marriage - this week's Pollycraft Monday Challenge

Hope you all have a lovely day!

3 comments:

RiNNE said...

So pretty! Love the patterned paper!

Sparkle said...

Such a lovely card!

Emma said...

A beautiful card, gorgeous colours.
Thanks for joining us at Pollycraft and good luck.
Hugs Emma x
www.craftyemmasstore.co.uk