The Stamps I Use

Friday, July 30, 2010

Lounging by the pool

Hi folks

Well, amidst all the hub-bub in our house (turns out dearly beloved broke a finger last night playing volleyball and it was an interesting adventure getting it set properly today. Men can be SO stubborn!), I managed to make this card for my dearly beloved's sister who has a birthday early next week.




Since she just had a pool installed this summer, I thought "Swimming Lucy" from Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamps would be perfect for her card. Lucy is coloured with Copic Markers (YR14, YR04, YR02, Y11, E11, E00, RV10, YG11, BG10, E35, E31, E39) and cut out with my Spellbinders Big Scalloped Circle (sm).

Not sure how well you can see in this picture but these papers from the My Mind's Eye Home Collection are all sparkly.

I  hope she likes the card!

Challenges for this card:

Daring Card Makers - It's a Girl Thing (I know the card is not for MY sister, but it is for my dearly beloved's sister so I think that counts!)

Crafty Creations - Summer Lovin' (anything summery, beachy or warm weather friendly)

Stamping Scrapping Challenge Central - Water (since Lucy is floating in her tube, I thought this qualified. ETA - the card doesn't actually qualify though as I didn't use any of the products they carry - no big deal though!)

OCC Sketch Challenge 26 (I interpreted the horizontal panel just with the big polka dots instead of adding embellies along the strip as my image was fairly large and I thought it would be a little too crowded in the space remaining)

Simon Says Challenge : going Dotty! (since one of my DPs is polka dotted....)

Hope you are having a lovely day - I'm having a crafty play date at our house tonight....phew! I need the stress relief!

7 comments:

craftyb said...

oh now this is my kinda gal!! lol sooo cute, love the pp's! Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Creations! bx

Lynda said...

What a fab image and a great card - thanks for joining in with Daring Cardmakers.

Lynda xxx

natty said...

Fab card and perfect image - bet your sister will love it! :)

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Nice coloring! I like those buttons in the corner too!

Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!!!

-Sarah

RiNNE said...

So pretty! I love the colors and papers!

Jane said...

Beautiful card, the colours are gorgeous! thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp, hugs, Jane xxx

Rose said...

what a fun image and your papers are perfect for a pool :) she is sure to love this!! thanks for joining us on the OCCSC this week