The Stamps I Use

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Pixie Cottage Challenge #76

Hi folks,

Wow, can you believe it is already the last Wednesday in June? That means that this is my last post as a guest DT for the Pixie Cottage. I must say, I have definitely enjoyed this month of playing along with the weekly challenges. Thanks Michelle for giving me the chance to play along with your talented team of Pixies!

Now - here is this week's sketch



and the theme is "Strawberries and Cream". Perfect for this time of year! I know I've been inundated with fresh local strawberries (see my previous post about this past weekend's activities!).

There are lots of ways to interpret the theme don't you think? In your image choice, your colour choice, your paper choice.....you can even combine both the theme and the sketch on your project if you wish!

I, of course, used the sketch and I tried incorporating the theme with my colour choices on my card - but I think you might say I also incorporated some "chocolate"!




I once again tried my hand at colouring with my PrismaColor Pencils on kraft card-stock as I thought this lovely rose image would lend itself well to that technique. I must say, I AM happy with the results. In my own garden, I actually have two varieties of roses that resemble the one above. One that is a "peaches and cream" colour combo and one exactly like this - a "strawberries and cream" combo. It is actually pretty interesting to watch how the colour on the roses changes over a few days from predominantly the cream colour to more of the peach or pink colour.

Anyways, be sure to pop over to the Pixie Cottage Blog to link up your project for the challenge and to check out the inspiration projects from the design team!

card details:

  • finished size: 5.5 x 5.5 inches
  • image: "Simply the Best" by Artish for the Pixie Cottage, coloured with PrismaColor Pencils (930, 914, 929, 912, 909, 911)
  • sentiment: CTMH
  • patterned papers: Bo Bunny "Crazy Love" collection
  • card stock: Recollections Kraft, The Paper Company Cream Parchment
  • Spellbinders: Scalloped Squares, Fancy Tags
  • embellies: ribbon from my stash, button & waxy flax from CTMH

Thanks for stopping by! Hope you are having a wonderful week! Tomorrow I start my long holiday weekend and I am  hopping to get into the craft room to tidy up the current chaos and maybe do a little card-making.

4 comments:

RiNNE said...

Wow, I absolutely love your coloring!! It's so beautiful! I must try coloring on kraft paper!

Tanya R said...

WOW, You have gotten yourself into a whole new category with this one. EXCELLENT coloring, and the label on the side, cropped is perfect. Again, WOW!
Hugs
Tanya

Wendy said...

oooh! Your card is just gorgeous! Your rose is colored so pretty!

Hugs,
Wendy

Karen Howard said...

Absolutely stunning! The colors you used really does capture the theme of Strawberries & Cream. I loved being guest DT with you this month! Hugs, Karen