The Stamps I Use

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Verve July Diva Dare

Hi folks,


I'm back today with a card I made for my great Uncle using the July Sketch for You To Try from Jen Del Muro at i{heart}2stamp


The card:



I also did this card for the July Diva Dare over at Verve Stamps. This month's theme is Sentimental About Paper. No stamped images allowed - just sentiments and patterned paper.

Now, if you are a frequent visitor, you know I love my Verve stamps. They make the best sentiment stamps, hands down. You also know I love my patterned papers. In particular, you have seen this paper from Gartner Studios on a LOT of my recent masculine cards. I may have to see if I can find a few more sheets of this to use/hoard. I've also been on a bit of a kraft paper kick lately - probably because it goes so well with these patterned papers.

Oh, and not sure how many of you have noticed but .... the sentiment? It's stamped on wood! Yep, wood. I have some wood veneer business cards that my other half picked up at one of our fave places to shop, Lee Valley Tools, many, many moons ago. I thought that one of them would be make a perfect sentiment panel on this card.

card details:

  • finished size: 4.25 x 5.5 inches
  • stamps: Verve Big Wish
  • patterned papers: Gartner Studios
  • card stock: Recollections Kraft, CTMH Barn Red
  • buttons, butcher twine and wood veneer business card from my stash
  • layout: July 2011 SFYTT
Hope you are all having a lovely day! Thanks for stopping by for a visit!

8 comments:

RiNNE said...

Stamping on wood? So cool and creative, Sheena!

Mephisto said...

Lovely creation.
Thanks for joining us by SimonSaysChallenge.

Domi

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Fabulous masculine card! Love the stamped wood, the map paper and those fabulous buttons.

Charlotte Taylor said...

A very unique card. Good Job.

Tanya R said...

Lovin your Verve Mojo. The map paper is delicious.
Hugs
Tanya

Janne said...

Cute card! Thanks for joining us at Sentimental Sundays♥
♥♥Janne♥♥

Andrea Ewen said...

Fabulous masculine card, the colors are fabulous and the twine accent is perfect!

Calypso's Crafts said...

Great CAS masculine card. Thank you for joining us at Sentimental Sundays.

Calypso