Well, I have to say that I found the week 4 sketch for the November Viva La Verve Challenges to be QUITE the challenge! Here's the sketch:
See what I mean about being a challenge? Lots of elements - a bit busy for my taste but, I decided to go outside my comfort zone and tackle it with these four cards.
On the first one I pretty much stuck with the sketch, though I did change the shape of one element as I wanted to use one of the tags that was in the Bo Bunny Gabrielle kit I was using for these cards.
For this second card, I switched that same element to an oval shape and moved the banner element up just a little.
for the third and forth cards, I stuck with the circle shape this time but omitted the banner as I didn't want to cover the butterfly images that I was using from the kit.
I thought about stamping sentiments in the lower left corner of the last two cards but I decided not to so that they can be used for any occasion. I'm sending these to my Mom as part of the package of thank you cards for the recent fundraiser held in her honour. I figure if she has enough thank you cards, she can use these for some other occasion.
Overall, even though the cards are a bit busy for my liking, I do like how they came out. The paper kit that I was using made it really easy to coordinate all the bits and pieces.
- finished size: 4.25 x 5.5 inches
- patterned papers: Bo Bunny Gabrielle (from a kit I picked up from Tina's Scrapbooking Creations at the Crop for the Cure back in May and have been hoarding ever since)
- stamped sentiments: Verve Big Wish, Words Cannot Express
- lace and half-back pearls from my stash. I even made the little flowery embellies myself from the lace.Very easy to do...just hand sew some thread through the edge of the lace and gather it up until you have a flowery shape the size and fullness you want.
- Spellbinders: Petite Circles
Challenges for these cards:
Hope you are all having a lovely day! Thanks for stopping by!