The Stamps I Use

Sunday, February 20, 2011

A Birthday gift for a friend

Hi folks (third post for today - I guess I was busy! Feel free to scroll down to see what else I was up to today!)


well, I finally got around to making this gift for a friend who had a birthday in early February. We never get to see her the week of her actual birthday as she takes some "me" time from work. It's usually at least a couple of weeks AFTER her birthday before we get to go for our fave Thai lunch (there's three of us that go)...sometime it's a couple of months! Hopefully we get to go for lunch sometime this week or next.

Anyways, I had wanted to make her a picture frame white board (like those Jenn taught us to make at last year's Crop for the Cure). Here's the one I made for her.



I was already quite happy with how this turned out and then my sweetie paid me a real compliment by saying "Hey, I could really use one of those for work". So, I may just have to make him one - though not quite so girlie. I must admit, these are really useful. I have mine in my craft room and keep track of the cards I need to make for the coming month(s) on it. The upper left panel is SUPPOSED to hold a photo but I must admit that I just keep the space blank for my current month's card list. The panel on the right gets next month's card list. And the bottom panel is usually reserved for special holiday/seasonal reminders. i.e February was noted for Valentine's day cards.

Since I don't have Booty Camp on Monday night (due to the Family Day holiday here in Ontario), I'm hoping to make the coordinating birthday card to go with this white board. If we are REALLY late going for her lunch there might even be a set of cards made as another gift to go with this project. We shall see!

project details:
  • 9x12 clip frame (I could not find the larger 10x12 frames that we used in Jenn's workshop)
  • patterned papers: My Mind's Eye Home Glitter Stack (yes, that glittery note paper is actually from the stack!). I fussy cut a few flourishes and floral emblems from one of the patterned papers in the stack to add a bit of a decorative element.
  • CTMH Ponderosa Pine and Colonial White Card Stock
  • CTMH Goldrush Ink
  • Stamps: Verve Beautiful You (the Oprah Winfrey quote) and CTMH (I'll have to check my notes for which set I used, I have it written down in my craft room. ETA: CTMH Moments in Time)
  • EK Success Border punch

 ta ta for now!

1 comment:

Danielle said...

This is really cool Sheena - I love this idea! So you just write on the glass over the white areas? I might just have to 'lift' this project!
Hugs, Danielle