If you came here from Cebelica's blog then you already know about today's Yumi & Fumi Handmade "Battle Hop". If you just happened upon my post then you might want to head back to the Battle Hop post over at the Yumi & Fumi Handmade blog. Trust me on this - you DON'T want to miss a step!
We thought it would be fun to have a good-natured "Battle Hop" between Team Yumi and Team Fumi where we each get to pick our favourite embellishments and use them on our project. If you are a frequent visitor to my blog then you know I don't go embellishment crazy on my cards. I usually stick with just one, sometimes two, types of embellishments. I typically go with some seam binding, ribbon, twine, flowers, brads, buttons OR adhesive gems. Every now and then I like to shake things up with a doily or some metal charms.
For this challenge, I actually chose THREE of my faves from those listed above:
- seam binding. I LOVE how it can be coloured or dyed to match, though I left it plain on this card.
- buttons. I always try to pick up on the colours in my papers when I choose my buttons. That's how I roll, all matchy matchy.
- twine. It's great for tying those buttons together when you layer them AND for adding a little contrast to your ribbon. For masculine cards, you can't beat twine. A great way to get your embellie fix on without going all girlie-girl on those cards for that special guy.
1. Leave a comment on MY POST (this one) to be entered into a draw to win an assortment of the embellishments I used on the card above. That's right! I'm giving away everything you see in the photo below to one lucky commenter on this post!
That's a 100 yard roll of seam binding, 12 rolls of jute twine and matching buttons. I'll even toss in a brand new, unused Fumi stamp! Don't worry, if you are the winner and already have this one, I have several other extra Y&FH stamps from which you can choose.
So - do you think you have room in your stash for all those goodies if you are the big winner? Don't forget to leave a comment and then head on over to head over to the super-crafty Rinne's blog. She's the next stop in the hop! If you get lost, just go back to the main post on the Y&FH blog. You have until 11:00PM PST on November 18th to finish the hop! The winners will be announced on November 20th!
Thanks for visiting! See you again soon!
- finished size: 5x5 inches, white card stock base and mats
- patterned papers: Basic Grey "Sweet Threads"
- stamped image: Yumi & Fumi Handmade "Fumi", coloured with Copic Markers (E000, E00, E01, E93, T3, T4, T5, T6, T7, E37, E55, E57, E59, G02, G21, R20, R21, R22)
- sentiment: Verve "Sweet Treats"
- layout: Splitcoaststampers Sketch Challenge 462