The Stamps I Use

Friday, November 15, 2013

Team Yumi's Yummies vs. Team Fumi's Faves

Good Morning Everybody! Let's give a big cheer for Friday! Woo hoo!

If you came here from Cebelica's blog then you already know about today's Yumi & Fumi Handmade "Battle Hop". If you just happened upon my post then you might want to head back to the Battle Hop post over at the Yumi & Fumi Handmade blog. Trust me on this - you DON'T want to miss a step!

We thought it would be fun to have a good-natured "Battle Hop" between Team Yumi and Team Fumi where we each get to pick our favourite embellishments and use them on our project. If you are a frequent visitor to my blog then you know I don't go embellishment crazy on my cards. I usually stick with just one, sometimes two, types of embellishments. I typically go with some seam binding, ribbon, twine, flowers, brads, buttons OR adhesive gems. Every now and then I like to shake things up with a doily or some metal charms.

For this challenge, I actually chose THREE of my faves from those listed above:
  • seam binding. I LOVE how it can be coloured or dyed to match, though I left it plain on this card.
  • buttons. I always try to pick up on the colours in my papers when I choose my buttons. That's how I roll, all matchy matchy.
  • twine. It's great for tying those buttons together when you layer them AND for adding a little contrast to your ribbon. For masculine cards, you can't beat twine. A great way to get your embellie fix on without going all girlie-girl on those cards for that special guy.




So, what do you think? Is Fumi doing a fantastic job of highlighting "Fumi's Faves"? If you think so, then be sure to do the following to have a chance at winning one (or more!) of the prizes up for grabs along the Battle Hop:

1. Leave a comment on MY POST (this one) to be entered into a draw to win an assortment of the embellishments I used on the card above. That's right! I'm giving away everything you see in the photo below to one lucky commenter on this post!


That's a 100 yard roll of seam binding, 12 rolls of jute twine and matching buttons. I'll even toss in a brand new, unused Fumi stamp! Don't worry, if you are the winner and already have this one, I have several other extra Y&FH stamps from which you can choose.

2. Visit every stop along the hop and leave a comment for each DT member on the hop (if they are offering their fave embellies as a prize, you could win that one as welll). Then, leave a comment on the "Battle Hop" post back at Yumi & Fumi Handmade identifying the DT member who you think best met the challenge and what you liked most about their project. And be sure to link up as well using the inlinkz tool. I know it's no fun picking faves but....someone has to be your fave! Remember, just one vote! By commenting back on the Y&FH blog you are going to be eligible to win one heck of an awesome prize from Y&FH: a Y&FH stamp of our choosing plus items similar to those that EACH DT members lists as their faves! AND - you have a voice in deciding the individual DT winner and the overall winning team. Will it be Team Yumi or Team Fumi? I can't wait to find out!

So - do you think you have room in your stash for all those goodies if you are the big winner? Don't forget to leave a comment and then head on over to head over to the super-crafty Rinne's blog. She's the next stop in the hop! If you get lost, just go back to the main post on the Y&FH blog. You have until 11:00PM PST on November 18th to finish the hop! The winners will be announced on November 20th!

Thanks for visiting! See you again soon!


card details:

  • finished size: 5x5 inches, white card stock base and mats
  • patterned papers: Basic Grey "Sweet Threads"
  • stamped image: Yumi & Fumi Handmade "Fumi", coloured with Copic Markers (E000, E00, E01, E93, T3, T4, T5, T6, T7, E37, E55, E57, E59, G02, G21, R20, R21, R22)
  • sentiment: Verve "Sweet Treats"
  • layout: Splitcoaststampers Sketch Challenge 462

19 comments:

RiNNE said...

Wow, your give-away is amazing!! And your card is wonderful!

cebelica said...

Sheena, this is wonderful. I love the buttons on the bow and the layout. Great work! hugs! xx

hapagirlren said...

wow! all those layers really add so much to the card. and that bow...you know i'm impressed with people who have bow tyin' skills :) LOL! Great job and great prize!

Melissa said...

This is adorable! I love big bows on cards!

Iris said...

Beautiful and fun card - adorable image and I love all the layering and your color scheme. I love ribbons, buttons and twine too.
isoscia at aol dot com

Denice said...

Such a gorgeous card....love the details and design. The seam binding and twine are a perfect combination.

BTW...what an awesome give-a-way! You're going to make one blogger a very happy person when this hop is done!

GO TEAM FUMI!!
:Dxx

Colleen Kwan said...

What a fun card! I love the layout of it and you did a fab job with coloring.

Aartje said...

Hello Sheena, I love the battle bloghop. I love your card, beautyfull image and great colors.
Hugs Aartje

Kathy Dinh said...

Such and adorable card! Love that bow...

Kim Yu said...

Simply sweet!

Blankina said...

Super card..pretty coloured and great lay out..and you are very generous I see..
HUgs Blankina

Carla said...

The papers, ribbon and button go very very well with the colours you have used for Fumi.
I like the whole look of your card.

Jennyfer L said...

I love the layout and layering. Gorgeous coloring too! Love, love the big ribbon and button saying:-)

Denise Goeldner said...

Great fun card love all the colours hugs xx

Olivia said...

Such a sweet card. Way to go.

truddabellz said...

Wow! Stunning card! I love the combination of colors and desn papers used. Awesome job!!

arlsmom aka Lynda said...

okay...love your combo of embellishments!!! she is colored wonderful!!!

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

Pretty card and nice layout.

Leanne said...

Oh!! My!! Goodness!! Talk about cuteness overload!! That's what this is in spades!! woo Hoo!! Way to bring it for Team Fumi!! I love everything about this card!! Another winner!! PS, can I be part of your drawing? hehehe.. J/K!
Great job Sheena!!
^.^