It's a long weekend here in Canada and I did manage to scrape out a little craft room time to make this birthday card for a friend of ours. She is an avid photographer (here's a link to her photography business page on Facebook if you would like to check it out - beautiful shots of the local wildlife) and I thought this new image from Jess' College Fund Digi's would be perfect for her birthday card (though without glasses would have been better in this case).
I can't encourage you enough to stop by Jess' College Fund to check out the very reasonably priced digital images. I have all but one - the most recently released image since I have been crazy busy this weekend and haven't had time yet to purchase it. Will fix that later today!
- finished size: 4.25 x 5.5 inches, kraft card stock base and mat (I've taken a liking to doing an extra mat in the same colour as my card base recently. Love the extra layer.). Brown textured card stock from Michael's for the mats.
- patterned paper: Basic Grey "Sweet Threads"
- digital image: Jess' College Fund "Jess Taking Pictures", coloured with Copic Markers (E000, E00, E01, E02, E93, E04, E43, E47, E49, E39, E29, E77, E25, YG0000, YG01, YG21, YG23, T4, T6, T8) with a little white gelly roll accent on the camera lens. I also sponged around the image with CTMH Blush ink to pick up on the pink in the papers. Yes, I DO have a Copic Airbrush and it DOES sit in one of the towers of my desk. I really should take it out and leave it ON my desk and plugged in so I can use it more often. sigh. Just call me Queen of the unused tools!
- sentiment: Verve "Borderline"
- Spellbinders Petite Ovals
- paper flowers and embroidery floss from my stash
- layout: Tuesday Morning Sketches #223 (oops - should have uploaded yesterday to meet the posting deadline!)
additional challenges for this card:
- Jess' College Fund: Anything Goes (with one of her digi's)
- Seize the Birthday: Anything Goes Birthday (I didn't do the optional "texture" toppings"
- Sister Act Card Challenge #32: Anything Goes
- Papertake Weekly Challenge: Anything Goes
- Crazy4Challenges 211: Frame it (I decided to sponge the background around my image and add another mat behind it to give it a bit of a frame with the spellbinders die)
As always, thanks for stopping by!