The Stamps I Use

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Easter Wishes - April SFYTT

Hi folks,

I decided to make another Easter card, this time using the April Sketch For You To Try


Here's my card:



I'm not 100% sure I like this card. All that white space seems a bit stark to me against the dark burgundy-ish paper when I look at this photo. In real life, it doesn't seem so extreme. Maybe it will grow on me.

I do like the little duckling under the umbrella though...maybe I'll redo this card with different papers.

card details:
  • finished size: 5.5 x 5.5 inches
  • patterned papers: Echo Park Paper Co "A Walk in the Park"
  • stamps: CTMH Springtime (duckling coloured with Copics Y11, Y13, Y15, Y17)
  • buttons: CTMH
Other challenges for this card:

hope you all have a lovely crafty day!

    11 comments:

    RiNNE said...

    I think your card is cute! But then I can also relate when you create a card that you're not quite satisfied with.

    Tanya R said...

    Super cute. Love that ducky! This fits perfectly with The Pixie Cottages Paper piecing challenge this week too.
    Hugs
    Tanya

    Angi said...

    Cute bird ;)

    Amy Sheffer said...

    Really cute, Sheena! Love the paper pieced umbrella and how it ties in to the horizontal strips!

    Karen Day said...

    Sheena this is a very sweet card! I just love that little duck - thanks for joining us at H2H this week :o)

    Melinda said...

    Such a darling card. I love the white space. It kind of draws my eye in to the image. Thanks for playing along with us at H2H!

    Lorrinda said...

    Very sweet card! Love that little duck :) Thanks for joining us at H2H!

    Lisa Stenz said...

    Very cute card! Thanks so much for sharing it with us t H2H! *Ü*

    Corina said...

    I like the white Sheena, the paper has bold colors and prints, it's a great balance. Thanks for sharing with us at H2H!

    Jessica said...

    Great card and the stamp set is the perfect choice for this h2h challenge!

    Anthony said...

    Wonderful use of this stamp set! I have a hard time embracing white space, too - but this looks great :) Thanks for playing at Heart 2 Heart!