I decided to make another Easter card, this time using the April Sketch For You To Try
Here's my card:
I'm not 100% sure I like this card. All that white space seems a bit stark to me against the dark burgundy-ish paper when I look at this photo. In real life, it doesn't seem so extreme. Maybe it will grow on me.
I do like the little duckling under the umbrella though...maybe I'll redo this card with different papers.
card details:
- finished size: 5.5 x 5.5 inches
- patterned papers: Echo Park Paper Co "A Walk in the Park"
- stamps: CTMH Springtime (duckling coloured with Copics Y11, Y13, Y15, Y17)
- buttons: CTMH
- Heart 2 Heart Challenges: April Showers bring May Flowers (with my umbrella and duckling I thought this fit - especially since one of the DT used the same stamp set on her card!)
hope you all have a lovely crafty day!
11 comments:
I think your card is cute! But then I can also relate when you create a card that you're not quite satisfied with.
Super cute. Love that ducky! This fits perfectly with The Pixie Cottages Paper piecing challenge this week too.
Hugs
Tanya
Cute bird ;)
Really cute, Sheena! Love the paper pieced umbrella and how it ties in to the horizontal strips!
Sheena this is a very sweet card! I just love that little duck - thanks for joining us at H2H this week :o)
Such a darling card. I love the white space. It kind of draws my eye in to the image. Thanks for playing along with us at H2H!
Very sweet card! Love that little duck :) Thanks for joining us at H2H!
Very cute card! Thanks so much for sharing it with us t H2H! *Ü*
I like the white Sheena, the paper has bold colors and prints, it's a great balance. Thanks for sharing with us at H2H!
Great card and the stamp set is the perfect choice for this h2h challenge!
Wonderful use of this stamp set! I have a hard time embracing white space, too - but this looks great :) Thanks for playing at Heart 2 Heart!
Post a Comment