I finally got around to going BACK and doing a card for the Viva La Verve August Week 1 sketch challenge over at Splitcoaststampers.
Here's the sketch:
and here's my card I made for my Uncle (want to guess how old he is going to be on his birthday?)
Now, the two diagonally cut pieces of paper are actually the front and back of the same sheet of patterned paper. However, because of the way I cut it (to get the Roman numerals across the top), the orientation of the keyhole side was wrong for pairing up on the same card so....I wound up cutting a second piece of paper to get the keyholes lined up properly. Since that left me with two more diagonally cut pieces of paper, I decided to make a second card for my stash with the diagonals aligned differently.
I quite like how both cards came out.
- finished size: 5.5 x 5.5 inches, kraft card stock base, white card stock mats
- patterned paper: Bo Bunny "Timeless" (the border, numbers, time piece etc are all from the coordinating sticker page in the paper pack)
- stamps: Verve "Making a Statement"
- Spellbinders: Petite Circles
additional challenges for these cards:
- Sister Act Card Challenge #21: Anything Goes
- Through the Craft Room Door (Aug 20 - 27): Anything Goes
- 7Kids Challenge #80: Anything Goes (twist: hint of vintage)
As always thanks for stopping by! Be sure to stop by on Sunday to see my post as part of Team Fumi for the Yumi and Fumi Handmade Challenge #22.