Today I'm sharing one of two Sweet 16 birthday cards for the daughters of a dear friend of mine. One daughter has her birthday on December 23rd, the other is on January 7th. There is a BIG semi-formal party planned for January 5th with three of their friends and I am looking forward to celebrating their big days.
I wanted to do something a little different with both of their cards that I have seen so many other card making bloggers do so very well. Just stamp the image - no colouring!
I quite like how this turned out actually.
card details:
- finished size: 5.5 x 5.5 inches, kraft card stock base
- patterned papers: My Mind's Eye Follow Your Heart - Be Happy (first time using these papers from my stash!), fussy cut to get the bird/doily/flowers and quote in just the right spot, edges distressed with Memento Rich Cocoa Ink
- stamped image: Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamps "Cupcake Ruby", stamped in Memento Rich Cocoa
- sentiment: Verve "Joyful Blooms"
- embellishments: turquoise half back pearls from my stash to coordinate with my papers.
- EK Success Scalloped Scallops border punch
challenges for this card:
- Use it Tuesday #46: 2013 (trying a new technique AND the card is for a big birthday celebration happening on January 5th in the New Year)
- Card Crafter's Circle #55: Anything Goes
- Do You Stack Up #104: Turquoise (from the paper and the pearls - both from my stash)
- Through the Craft Room Door #50: Anything Goes
3 comments:
Very cute card, love how that worked out with the non-colored image on kraft.
Thank you for joining us at Use it Tuesday and wishing you all the best for 2013!!
I love this paper and how you grouped it with the kraft paper! Thanks for sharing your talent at Card Crafter's Circle this week!
So pretty!!
Post a Comment