So, I have a terrible confession to make. I was REALLY, REALLY late sending home my Easter cards this year. I think it was a combination of no mojo, the blahs, feeling overwhelmed and my birthday and Easter falling on the same day.
I finally got around to making the last of my Easter - well, Spring cards now....so off they went into the post today (express - ouch that was pricey) along with the little Easter/Spring prezzies for the nieces and nephew.
I REALLY wanted to use one of the boys from Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamps on the card for my nephew, so I checked out my stash of stamps to see what I could mod for Easter/Spring.
So, what do you think? Does it work? I thought about using Video Game Oliver but I'm saving that one to use for his birthday.
Normally, Backpack Oliver is holding an apple for back to school for the teacher, but I swapped out the apple for an Easter Egg instead. I think that the sentiment I used ties in very nicely, what with the back-pack on his back and all.
I also dug into my stash of crafting supplies for some washi tape that I could use so I could play along with this week's challenge over at the SCRS blog.
Believe it or not, I have very little in my stash when it comes to washi tape (anyone want to recommend a good source so I can remedy that terrible error?). But I thought this one would work well with the papers I chose (it was part of a crafty present from my dear friend Tanya - along with the crinkly ribbon).
- finished size: 4.25 x 5.5 inches, kraft card stock base
- patterned papers: My Mind's Eye "Cowboy"
- stamped image: Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamps "Backpack Oliver", coloured with Copic Markers (E000, E00, E01, E93, E50, E51, E30, E31, BG90, BG93, BG96, BG99, E44, E47, E49)
- sentiment from Verve "Egg-Stra Special", egg from Verve "Easter Joy"
- washi tape and crinkle ribbon from my stash
- layout: Sweet Stop Sketch Challenge 206 (oops! I forgot the button!)
additional challenges for this card:
- Make it Monday with Kraft Outlet: Tag, You're it!
- Sister Act Card Challenge #2: Anything Goes
- Sentimental Sundays #150: Tag, you're it
Thanks for stopping by!