The Stamps I Use

Saturday, December 5, 2009

Happy New Home

Hi there, if you are stopping by for the Bella Birthday Bash Blog Hop, please scroll down a couple of posts or you can just click through here . But you might want to actually pause to admire my sweetie's wood-working skills later in this post...just saying.

Today's post is two-fold. Both a card and a house-warming gift for our former neighbours. We got together last night with them for dinner at a new favourite restaurant called PocoPazzo . Afterwards, we headed back to their new house to see it in its completed state.

Now, I must admit, my card is the lesser of the two items I am showing you today...you could say I am the opening act to the headliner.



I used Sketch #80 from Sketch Saturday for the layout. Technically, this also qualifies for the UCC challenge this week at PaperWorksCo -- it has tons of layers! Yes, I like to OVERDO everything!!! Go big or Go home! (Yes, I really do say that in real life...quite frequently actually).

The papers are all from the CTMH Grace Paper Pack. The stamped image is called "Hideaway House" from the Enchanted Hollow Series by The Stamp Barn.

And now the house-warming gift, courtesy of my dearly beloved - the "marquee" project shall we say. This is a BBQ tray with an accompanying stand.



The idea being that you can bring all your BBQ goodies outside on the tray, place it on the base (they are two separate pieces), cook your yummy meal and then bring all your BBQ goodies back into the house or over to your patio table for noshing. Pretty, huh?

This is a shot of the base without the tray so you can see the engineering. That webbing? That's why we went to Fabricland where I was pleased to get 40% off my trims the other day.




And one final pic of the sides of the base.


My dearly beloved is a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to his finishing on his projects. I don't even ask how many coats he puts on any more - he believes in using Tung Oil which requires applying the oil, waiting for it to dry, polishing it and repeating until you are happy with the look. Since he usually goes for a glass finish -- that's usually a lot of polishing. It also means you don't need to use coasters to protect the finish - no water stains - EVER!

Card Details:
finished size 6x6 inches
papers: CTMH Grace
Stamps: CTMH Just Because, The Stamp Barn Enchanted Hollow "Hideaway House"
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa
PrismaColor Pencils: 945, 911, 940, 941, 1032, 1024
Tools: Cuttlebug, Spellbinders Small and Large Labels
Embellishments: Flower
extras: glue dots, foam tape

6 comments:

Michelle said...

Okay, the BBQ tray and stand are gorgeous and your former neighbors should get lots of good use from it, but I love the card even more than the gift. That image is fantastic and I love the embellies you used to set it off. I would frame the card and put it up in the new house if I were your old neighbors!

Tanya Rudd said...

Fantastic Sheena! That is really pretty. I really like the table too.
Hugs
Tanya

cheribella said...

Your card is beautiful!
the BBQ stand is awesome...how do I get to be a lucky homeowner and get one of these..WOW!

Karen said...

Beautiful, beautiful card! I love the Enchanted Hollow stamps. Gorgeous!
And that barbecue table/tray is a fabulous idea, and so wonderfully crafted. That's a very special present.

cats whiskers said...

Stunning card dear just adore it
Hugs Jacqui x

TannyP said...

Your card is gorgeous, Sheena! Absolutely beautiful - your tree wood on the card is just perfect. That BBQ tray is a stunner. What an amazing job...is he interested in commissions?! That's a fantastic job - I've got no doubt they loved both your card and the tray!